Why all the hate for the 300 BLK?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why all the hate for the 300 BLK?

Post by L1A1Rocker »

SER wrote: Please post a link to the 750 yard shot. I don't think I would try that hunting and don't know if I could even with a .308 so my hat is off to any who could with the 300 bLk.
here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgKjbySsAik
k2ue

Post by k2ue »

Those who obsess on the 300AAC being somehow villainous forget that it is simply an easy choice for a 5.56 manufacturer to make: what can I do to increase sales of my product that will require changing only one part (the barrel), and will be supported by a wide variety of SAAMI-standard ammo from many manufacturers, so it may actually sell in significant numbers compared to 5.56? There is no reason to hate people for doing something so sensible.
Clyde Washburn
NRA Life Member, SAF Life Member, NY State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member,
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, SCOPE Member, GCL Member
SER
Silent But Deadly

Post by SER »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
SER wrote: Please post a link to the 750 yard shot. I don't think I would try that hunting and don't know if I could even with a .308 so my hat is off to any who could with the 300 bLk.
here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgKjbySsAik

Damn! I didn't know i could like this round any more than I already did.
I wish I shot that well :)
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/5928 ... tml&page=7
lwrkeysfisher wrote:And for the record I don't believe that FG has paid a dime, other than Robert Silver's compensation, for marketing the .300BLK. Robert has run a textbook guerilla marketing campaign with a product that has nearly zero barriers to market entry; essentially he created buzz and manufacturers of all types are trying to feed off of it while it lasts. The 'tactical' firearms market is so susceptible to hype and is so fiercely loyal that it makes this type of campaign easy. All Remington has to do is pump out artificially cheap ammo to keep the hype going, and others will happily pay for magazine articles, T&E, etc to be involved.

The only question that remains is what happens when the inertia dies off and .223 margins no longer makes sense to FG finance weenies---my guess is .300b ammo prices move up towards equilibrium.
300 BLK prices are not artificially low. The ammunition costs less because it is very high in efficiency - smaller brass and less powder.

300 BLK ammunition should only come down in price, once Wolf starts importing it.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Still waiting for someone who claims that 300 BLK has had millions in advertising to post a single magazine ad from AAC/Remington/Bushmaster/Barnes/DPMS, etc.

Maybe there is one, but I am not aware of one. It is not even listed on Remington's ammunition website yet.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

300Blk wrote:Still waiting for someone who claims that 300 BLK has had millions in advertising to post a single magazine ad from AAC/Remington/Bushmaster/Barnes/DPMS, etc.

Maybe there is one, but I am not aware of one. It is not even listed on Remington's ammunition website yet.
The only thing I've seen Robert, is companies advertising their stuff like normal but calling out the fact that "we have 300BLK stuff". I've not seen any AAC or Remington ads for the 300BLK anywhere.
k2ue

Post by k2ue »

300Blk wrote:300 BLK prices are not artificially low. The ammunition costs less because it is very high in efficiency - smaller brass and less powder.
Exactly right -- people love the big and magnum cases, but a full case uses less powder to get the same performance than a partially full case, and lack of the powder position as a variable at the time of firing improves consistency. Not every cartridge has to be the prom queen to be useful.
Last edited by k2ue on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clyde Washburn
NRA Life Member, SAF Life Member, NY State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member,
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, SCOPE Member, GCL Member
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

300Blk wrote:Still waiting for someone who claims that 300 BLK has had millions in advertising to post a single magazine ad from AAC/Remington/Bushmaster/Barnes/DPMS, etc.

Yeah me also. Pavlovwolf at ARFCOM, I usually like even if I disagree with him. But the whole thing on advertising is just stupid.

For that matter, if there was a "million dollar ad campaign" so what. Is that not what a company generally will do to sell its merchandise? It ought to say a lot about the 300 blk, that there is no advertising.

Should Colt, Larue, Ruger, H&K, or any other gun or ammo manufacturer, be slammed because they spend some arbitrary number on advertising. The whole think just has me scratching my head

It is even worse at 6.8forums, some of the guys on there all but call you the devil incarnate. :roll:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I believe his point is that obviously no one could actually like 300 BLK and that everyone who wants it was brainwashed into thinking they like it by advertising.
Jargonhead
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jargonhead »

I have found the answer to the 300BLK/6.8 conundrum!!!!!!!

Rob

http://www.google.com/search?q=conundru ... =firefox-a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cV_q-mVAAA
What happened to winners...now everyone gets a ribbon