Why all the hate for the 300 BLK?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Magos_Mal
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why all the hate for the 300 BLK?

Post by Magos_Mal »

Maryland_Shooter wrote:Nobody wants to help or give any advice on the gas port size
I purchased a complete AAC upper and honestly have no idea what the gas port size is, as I don't feel like yanking the URX off it to find out.
If someone wants to send me a stripped AAC barrel and postage to return it, I will happily tell them the exact port size via pin gages.
-Exterminatus-
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Ok, I'm convinced that 346ci is just plain nuts:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/5624 ... l%26page=3

I wonder what his reaction would be if someone told him that TRUE V8s start with a 3 and a 5?
Rifleman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Rifleman »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Ok, I'm convinced that 346ci is just plain nuts:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/5624 ... l%26page=3

I wonder what his reaction would be if someone told him that TRUE V8s start with a 3 and a 5?
I don't want a 3.5L V8. :lol:
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Mine is 351ci. It has 5 more.
DaCapster
Silent Operator

Post by DaCapster »

I hate this gun! I mean my other firearms are pissed because they feel neglected.
mechanicus

Post by mechanicus »

folks on here wrote:
...Few people know the right gas port size...
...So what is the right gas port size for each popular barrel length?...
...No body will tell you...
if it wont cycle drill it out. if it cycles too hard bush it and start over or install adjustable gas block - what's so hard about that? my 2 wilson combat carbine gas 16"ers gauge-pinned .107" which matches their published number and what they told me on the phone before I even ordered it - I'm not seeing the conspiracy to hide - they were up front with me. dont see how anyone could consider port diameter something you could hide anyway - heck, anyone can buy one and measure it... what's the issue again? never mind.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

I don't know why people are so obsessed with gas ports these days. Most don't know how to, and lack the tools to, measure the thing to begin with and even if given the information they're so desperate for they wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

Buy quality parts from quality vendors and don't muck around with shit. Unless, of course, mucking around with shit is your end-goal, in which case I don't know why you care anyway if you're not going to really shoot the thing.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

pavlovwolf wrote:which was an effort to fix a problem with a chamber drawing that Remington got wrong when it submitted it. The Remington 6.8SPC was a mistake to begin with, the 6.8x43 and Spec II chamber more in line with the actual blueprints that Chris Murray designed.
True, but there is only a 20 fps difference in potential velocity between the two chambers, so SAAMI already revisited this issue and decided it was not changing.
Rifleman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Rifleman »

300Blk wrote:
pavlovwolf wrote:which was an effort to fix a problem with a chamber drawing that Remington got wrong when it submitted it. The Remington 6.8SPC was a mistake to begin with, the 6.8x43 and Spec II chamber more in line with the actual blueprints that Chris Murray designed.
True, but there is only a 20 fps difference in potential velocity between the two chambers, so SAAMI already revisited this issue and decided it was not changing.
That is vicious 300 BLK hate. :evil: I guess there is more to his post than the quoted.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

It was a claim that 6.8 was really better than it is and hence much better than 300 BLK, if only the standard was not messed up. I wanted to point out that the standard is only a 20 fps issue.