SIG 516 in 300BLK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

renegade6

SIG 516 in 300BLK

Post by renegade6 »

Just read a post on this. It would be a piston offering, kind of feel like LWRCI has the piston guns figured out. Side note, LWRCI has filed suit against SIG for the 516 due to patent coping. I have not had any experience with the 516. I have however had many other SIG products. I must warn you, seems like things up in NH have not been going well in the past couple of years. I have had three of their products that had to go back. The 556R, disaster of a rifle. Could not get thru a mag with out some sort of failure. They kept that one and replaced it with a 516 Patrol chambered in 223 that I sold unfired to recoup my investment in the 556R. The 1911, three mag release retention screws have sheared. Waiting to replace the latest one so I can sell it. Then the Mosquito, not too bad. Sent it back for cycle/FTF issues. They got this one right it's been problem free since it's return.

Sorry to get side tracked, just a little bummed SIG. I hope this latest offering does well. It would be cool to see a 300 in a piston platform. I'll wait for LWRCI to release theirs. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011 ... ming-2012/