Just got my Delta Co. Upper in the mail

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

onajoyride3
Silent Operator

Just got my Delta Co. Upper in the mail

Post by onajoyride3 »

A while ago I started doing some research into Delta Company Arms and after reading here and one phone call to Aaron later I knew I would find no one better to build my 300 BLK. I told him I was going to be shooting suppressed at night and mobility and 100% reliability were critical. He suggested that the LAR Grizzly Ops-4 upper was the way to go due to the gas not blasting back at me. After a few more emails and calls we had it all nailed down. Now here is why Aaron should build your next gun. Due to a supplier sending the wrong part to Aaron and other delays the build took a bit longer than expected. Things happened that was totally not Aarons fault but his customer service is second to none. He ended up giving me a bunch of free stuff that I am very grateful for and was just Aaron being Aaron. I will have him build many guns for me in the future and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

The build
Lower is Noveske SBR
ATC AR Gold trigger
Vltor Emod
Ambi sling attachment
Upper
LAR Ops-4 Side charger
Spikes 9" BAR
Delta 9" light profile barrel
Surefire 952v
Magpul AFG-2
Aimpoint M4s
NEPVS 14 from TNVC (own the night is not just a slogan)
AAC Cyclone

DSCN0840 by
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/onajoyride/6166176543/]Image

DSCN0812 by
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/onajoyride/6166176733/]Image

DSCN0837 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/onajoyride/]
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
mdyer

Re: Just got my Delta Co. Upper in the mail

Post by mdyer »

Nice looking gun. Mine is suppose to ship today. Can't wait to get it.
coryj

Post by coryj »

Looks good, how long was your wait from order to delivery?
LYNRDSKYNRD
Silent Operator

Post by LYNRDSKYNRD »

Wow thanks for sharing Arron is working on a 10.5" side charger in 5.56 for me now. Your set up looks great!!
Last edited by LYNRDSKYNRD on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

Very nice ... I love all my Delta Company Arms ! I went slightly different route one my NV . I primary hunt 4 legged critters , so I needed more magnification for 100 to 300 yard shots ... it's deadly!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
onajoyride3
Silent Operator

Post by onajoyride3 »

coryj wrote:Looks good, how long was your wait from order to delivery?
My wait was not the norm. My brother and I ordered uppers at the same time and he got his within a month of placing an order. Like I said one of Aarons suppliers (if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all) sent him the wrong part so he paid extra two day air to get a new part so he could get it to me but the supplier yanked us around and thus wasting Aarons money for the expedited shipping cause that alone set us back well over a month. It was not Aarons fault but because of the extra wait and how he aims to please he threw some extras at me. Then another problem out of his control again pushed it out another month so he felt bad and gave me more stuff. The saying good things come to those that wait came true on this build. I am blessed with a great job and an even better wife so I have some fun toys, I can say this is my favorite and it is because of Delta's exceptional customer service. We both ordered late march and I got mine about two weeks ago. If I was going to do it all over again I wouldn't change anything.

On a side note I am going to set up my 15/22 as a side charger to train with the same setup as the one above and Aaron said he would drill and tap the 15/22 bolt. I'll post pics when we do that, should be fun. :D
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Talk about slow! Im thinking that having our new retailer handle...well, retailing will speed things up tremendously. I manage to slow things down slower than they need to be with the section of my brain that houses short term memory not working correctly!
Now Jamie just calls and says, hey, I need this this and this, and I say ok, and make em!
Thanks for the Kind words, I hope it does well for you! Im pumped to see some furry critters get slapped down with that thing!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

onajoyride3 wrote:
coryj wrote:Looks good, how long was your wait from order to delivery?
My wait was not the norm. My brother and I ordered uppers at the same time and he got his within a month of placing an order. Like I said one of Aarons suppliers (if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all) sent him the wrong part so he paid extra two day air to get a new part so he could get it to me but the supplier yanked us around and thus wasting Aarons money for the expedited shipping cause that alone set us back well over a month. It was not Aarons fault but because of the extra wait and how he aims to please he threw some extras at me. Then another problem out of his control again pushed it out another month so he felt bad and gave me more stuff. The saying good things come to those that wait came true on this build. I am blessed with a great job and an even better wife so I have some fun toys, I can say this is my favorite and it is because of Delta's exceptional customer service. We both ordered late march and I got mine about two weeks ago. If I was going to do it all over again I wouldn't change anything.

On a side note I am going to set up my 15/22 as a side charger to train with the same setup as the one above and Aaron said he would drill and tap the 15/22 bolt. I'll post pics when we do that, should be fun. :D
you Sir are spot on ! that's a beautiful gun that will work as good as it looks ..... that's the one thing about 300 BLK and Aaron . He sure knows how to build them :wink: !! there's quite a few copy cats out there that use wrong size ports , wrong gas tube length, and their guns don't work right (and typically cost more ). I'm sold on his products, his customer service and his gunsmithing abilities. I too have a project in the works that is (I have no doubt ) going to be nothing short of phenomenal !

so what if we have to wait a little , we should be used to it , we've been trained to wait by the ATF!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales