CZ-527 vs Micro7

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

este
Senior Silent Operator

CZ-527 vs Micro7

Post by este »

I'd like a light, durable, reliable bolt gun in 300blk. I own a CZ-527 in 223, sold the original and bought the varmint stock for it. The plan was to buy a 16" threaded 1:8 Lothar barrel, swap it over, and use a SDN6 or SD. The plan changed when I held a Micro7 today.

With the CZ, I'd have a set trigger, cerakoted, CZ with modified but detachable mags. Or the melonite (nitrided) Micro7 for probably less final cost, internal mag, no fancy trigger.

The detachable mag was more important than the trigger to me. However, the mags having an openning to allow dirt in them, as well as being limited to 5 rounds (same as the AAC) makes it roughly a draw I guess.

With the Micro7, I am concerned about the non-fully controlled feed/extract, and possible issues with extracting under various situations.

Thoughts?
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Re: CZ-527 vs Micro7

Post by curious sam »

I looked at having a 300 bolt rifle built, but I can't begin to justify it vs a factory Micro 7. I can always have one of those tweaked later if I'm not satisfied, or sell it at a minimal loss, or keep it for a kids deer rifle...

But I suspect, when I finally get my hands on one, that it will do what I need it to do.
este
Senior Silent Operator

Post by este »

Yea... That's kinda what I'm thinking. I'm on a pretty tight budget for hobbies this year. I think I can get out of the 527 and into a Micro7 for probably less than a it would cost to finalize the CZ. Not sure.

I did an MP5 awhile back, it was difficult and expensive. It was either do the MP5 or a 9mm AR. I'm really glad I didn't do the 9mm AR in retrospect. I hope I'm not making the same decision but with the wrong outcome by dumping the CZ.

I'll keep an open mind for now.
Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hooz »

I eventually opted to go the CZ route. I'm still waiting on the gun to come back with its new barrel (on week 6 of an 8-10 week wait), so I won't know if I made the right decision for a while.
[size=75][b][i]"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?" - Yuri Orlov[/i][/b][/size]
este
Senior Silent Operator

Post by este »

Hooz wrote:I eventually opted to go the CZ route. I'm still waiting on the gun to come back with its new barrel (on week 6 of an 8-10 week wait), so I won't know if I made the right decision for a while.
Total cost if you don't mind me asking?

Also apparently the micro7 needs a fix so I won't be getting into that until there is one. Still up in the air though.

While I'm posting, can anyone confirm the capacity of the Micro7. I've seen 4 and 6 written out. Is it a 4+1, or 5+1 gun???
Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hooz »

este wrote:
Hooz wrote:I eventually opted to go the CZ route. I'm still waiting on the gun to come back with its new barrel (on week 6 of an 8-10 week wait), so I won't know if I made the right decision for a while.
Total cost if you don't mind me asking?

Also apparently the micro7 needs a fix so I won't be getting into that until there is one. Still up in the air though.

While I'm posting, can anyone confirm the capacity of the Micro7. I've seen 4 and 6 written out. Is it a 4+1, or 5+1 gun???
I'm documenting the whole thing here - http://www.cz527.com/527-variants-and-w ... conversion!/
[size=75][b][i]"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?" - Yuri Orlov[/i][/b][/size]
este
Senior Silent Operator

Post by este »

Any word on actual Micro7 capacity n 300blk?

I'm a little concerned with it's reliability extracting and feeding issues reported. So I guess I'm going to wait until SHOT to see if anything is coming out.

I saw Savage has a rifle, but their site says 20" (BLK!?) and 4+1 only even though it's detachable (again, BLK). Maybe someone else will woo me at SHOT.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

My micro7 extracts fine ... I did return it to AAC to have the feeding fixed. It is in transit back to me. The trigger is OK it breaks clean but is inconsistent some times it is nice and light then others i begin to wonder if i forgot the safety. But its not bad at all. It bet it will run in and get better. The barrel is the best part. You are getting a top quality custom barrel. Not a usual Remington production barrel.

If my feeding is fixed imay put a nice laminate thumb hole stock on her giving her the looks she deserves.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

A year ago if you wanted to buy a bolt action 300-221 with a scope rail, it would be $1300. The Micro-7 changed that.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

300Blk wrote:A year ago if you wanted to buy a bolt action 300-221 with a scope rail, it would be $1300. The Micro-7 changed that.
A direct result of your efforts.. Robert thanks for getting this gem to market.

For the cost of the pacnor barrel and used action i got the micro 7 which has a barrel just as good. Factory thereded finished chambered headspaced .... well you get it. I saved enough to get a scope brass, dies, powder, bullets and new IR sky screens. And some factory ammo to boot.

Every time i speced out a whisper i came up with to much and kept putting it off. I could not see spending $1500 for a rifle for mostly for shooting subsonic 308.

The sweet little micro7 changed all that.... Yes i dislike the stock, but as i keep harping on younare getting a custom barrel AND it is threaded correctly. Plus a one piece scope rail, and a nice trigger, and an excellent durable finish.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!