AAC medium contour build

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dcsmith1

AAC medium contour build

Post by dcsmith1 »

This is a AAC medium contour barrel on a remington 700 sps tactical. It shoot great with my cyclone on it. Been shooting 208 amax's with 8.5 grains of vv110 into 3/4 moa groups consistently. Shoots a little better with matchkings but it's hard to go wrong with the amax for 27.50 a box. Image.
LYNRDSKYNRD
Silent Operator

Re: AAC medium contour build

Post by LYNRDSKYNRD »

Wow man beautiful rifle...
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
jbuck

Post by jbuck »

Nice looking rifle there. I have almost the same. I am still waiting on my reloading supplies to get in. I have some 208gr Amax's ordered. I'll try the VV110.
RMR

Post by RMR »

That is pretty, man. Hunted anything with it?
"Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast." Lone Watie
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Awesome!
Kick Ass Design
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

I like it. Glad to see another bolt gun amongst a sea of AR's. How long is the barrel, 16"?

My Rem 700 in .300BLK is just getting the final touches done to it and I may have it by the weekend. I'm looking forward to shooting it.
dcsmith1

Post by dcsmith1 »

2bad4u2 wrote:I like it. Glad to see another bolt gun amongst a sea of AR's. How long is the barrel, 16"?

My Rem 700 in .300BLK is just getting the final touches done to it and I may have it by the weekend. I'm looking forward to shooting it.
Yes the barrel is 16 inches. It seems to me just a little smaller on the very end than a varmit contour. I really like this barrel much more rigid than my light contour barrel. With the cyclone on my first shot(cold bore) is right with the following rounds and groups. That 's not the case with the light contour.
dcsmith1

Post by dcsmith1 »

Shot my best group ever with my Blackout this past weekend. It's a 200 gr matchking with 7.7 grs of lil gun at 2.205 oal. This gun is a 3/4 moa gun but it'll do a little better. You can imagine my suprise after shooting this one. This load chronographed at around 1045 fps.Image.