Aug 2011 Special Weapons

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Aug 2011 Special Weapons

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Maybe the target itself was at an angle so circular holes were impossible? I've seen that sort of thing happen on windy days.
"I had the old man keep it pushed in while I strong-armed her. " -- copenhagen
Notar
Silent But Deadly

Post by Notar »

I haven't found the magazine yet, is there any load data in there?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Selectedmarksman wrote:Maybe the target itself was at an angle so circular holes were impossible? I've seen that sort of thing happen on windy days.
That's what it looks like to me considering all the bullet's angles seem to be the same...
Kick Ass Design
liquidsniper

Post by liquidsniper »

Hey Rob, next time you want to shoot your subsonic ammo let me know. I will bring my 762SD for you to use.
withoutremorse42
Senior Silent Operator

Post by withoutremorse42 »

this is too bad, I have been waiting for some good articles to start popping out to increase visibility. I think many more ffl's will hear about the round through gun rags and will hopefully get accurate info.

I do need earplugs with all the roaring snipers are doing though.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member11084.png[/img][/url]
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

Selectedmarksman wrote:Maybe the target itself was at an angle so circular holes were impossible? I've seen that sort of thing happen on windy days.
No, that's just what it looks like. My current barrel is the 3rd one I've had that has done this. It will marginally stabilize 208 A-max's. Will not stabilize 240 SMKs, or even 220 Pro-hunters. 150 Nosler ballistic tips are the worst. Something just isn't right and nobody can explain it. It will be interesting when these things are out there in mass numbers and these barrels start popping up that will not stabilize certain bullets for no good reason. I'll link a thread to the Quarterbore forums so you can check out my journey if you have not already. Most of the pictures are gone, but all the info is there. Over 4000 views and no-one has any idea why my barrel will not stabilize subs.

http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showt ... =stability
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

to the individuals that can not stabilize bullets: Are you using name brand barrels or are you using "custom" barrels? I have not heard any problems from AAC barrels or Noveske barrels, or any quality name brand barrel for that matter.
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

Douglas barrels.
Recoil737
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Recoil737 »

I have shot 225gr out of both my 8 inch noveske and 10 inch Delta arms out to 100 yards and have had no problems with stability.

Haven't tried the 240gr (too expensive) but my only suggestion would be try different barrel manufacture.
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

I'm going to try a Delta Arms barrel when Aaron gets caught up with orders.