300 AAC BLACKOUT AKSU

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

post tensioned

Re: 300 AAC BLACKOUT AKSU

Post by post tensioned »

silencertalk wrote:Can't Tros make you a mount?

http://www.trosusa.com/
They will not make an AK 24mm adapter for suppressor use. Who made the one for this gun?
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

I've talked to a guy who can possibly cut down the front sight threads, and permanently install a collar threaded concentric to the bore. It would be expensive and he wouldn't be able to do it anytime soon.
Tom
V.P.

Post by V.P. »

I believe that barrel is extended and threaded for the AAC mount and that is just a short thread cover over the original muzzle brake threads.. It just looks like one piece....
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

This barrel is in 300 AAC BLACKOUT, and originally made this way. It was not modified or extended.
V.P.

Post by V.P. »

I just figured the barrel was 300 blk blank that was left a little long and the mount was threaded to it... I did not mean to come across as a mod job of some sort... looks good however it was done
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

post tensioned wrote:

They will not make an AK 24mm adapter for suppressor use. Who made the one for this gun?
That is because the 24mm is poorly controlled on most guns - which is why AAC stopped making 24mm silencers. Tros probably got tired of people complaining after they destroyed their silencers. This barrel though was precision made with the intension to mount a suppressor.

InRange made this rifle and all custom parts.
post tensioned

Post by post tensioned »

silencertalk wrote:
post tensioned wrote:

That is because the 24mm is poorly controlled on most guns - which is why AAC stopped making 24mm silencers. Tros probably got tired of people complaining after they destroyed their silencers. This barrel though was precision made with the intension to mount a suppressor.

InRange made this rifle and all custom parts.
I agree. The 24mm is inconsistant; that's why I was curious as to how you did yours. Makes more sense to me now, knowing the barrel is longer, and that is just a 24mm nut to cover the threads from the FSGB. I guess for my 104, I will just cut the threaded portion off the FSGB, have the barrel threaded to 5/8 x 24 for the AAC mount, then have an adaptor made from 5/8x24 to 24mm, so I could put the booster back on if I wanted to.
PhantomMan

Post by PhantomMan »

Hi, I have an Arsenal SLR 106-CR that I am interested in converting to the 300 AAC Blackout as well. (Wish I still had my Krink). I am having difficulty in finding additional information on who to contact about this. My local shop is undergoing a management change and is simply being lazy about it. (not typical for this un-named location) Can you help? Thank you in advance.
David
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

The gas system is too long. You need the UR.

Maybe the gunsmith can shorten the gas system - I am not familiar enough with AKs to know how hard that is.
PhantomMan

Post by PhantomMan »

I trhink I'll just look for pennies under the cushions and get the UR, I had one of those before and honestly liked it better anyway.. :D