Best can for a 300blk?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Buzduk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Best can for a 300blk?

Post by Buzduk »

JasonAAC wrote:
Buzduk wrote:
silencertalk wrote:It depends on the gun, but sometimes - but so does the Vortex.
Does the brake make the same sound that the flash suppressor does?
The brake and the BRAKEOUT don't make any harmonic noise at all.
I'm sorry, let me restate the question. Will the brake or BRAKEOUT when used with a can (lets say 762s
dn6) make any harmonic noise at all? Does the flash hider always make this noise and is only noticed when suppressed?
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201 Matt
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Buzduk wrote:I'm sorry, let me restate the question. Will the brake or BRAKEOUT when used with a can (lets say 762s
dn6) make any harmonic noise at all? Does the flash hider always make this noise and is only noticed when suppressed?
My answer is still the answer- no ringing at all, can or no can, Brake or BRAKEOUT.

The BLACKOUT FH can make this ping, whether or not it's noticeable depends on the particular gun. On my mounts that 'ping', i don't notice it when actually shooting. Camera microphones seem to focus in on the frequency and amplify it. It tends to fade or disappear once it gets a little dirty/carboned.
Kick Ass Design
Buzduk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Buzduk »

JasonAAC wrote:
Buzduk wrote:I'm sorry, let me restate the question. Will the brake or BRAKEOUT when used with a can (lets say 762s
My answer is still the answer- no ringing at all, can or no can, Brake or BRAKEOUT.

The BLACKOUT FH can make this ping, whether or not it's noticeable depends on the particular gun. On my mounts that 'ping', i don't notice it when actually shooting. Camera microphones seem to focus in on the frequency and amplify it. It tends to fade or disappear once it gets a little dirty/carboned.
Thank you. That answers all my questions.
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201 Matt
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

82nd airborne wrote:The arbiter seems to be a very good BLK can as well, the price is really good, and it weighs like 14oz. I havent heard it next to the 7.62sd or the sandstorm, but it is a very quiet can. As far as the ping with the blackout fh, I have found a bronze shim takes out alot of that, or just use the blackout brake.

ok so i checked out the arbiter and it seems really nice and i really like the QD brake you can get with it. what has been your experience with them?