300 acc mag

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

da bugman
Silent But Deadly

300 acc mag

Post by da bugman »

We need a mag for the 300 acc. Has anybody looked into gettting a run done with out the front rib. With out that rib we could seat the bullets based on mag length and thoat length.

I know about milling the front rib, but a well made plastic with a thicker wall would be the best way to go. Anything avaible like that now?

JD
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Re: 300 acc mag

Post by JasonAAC »

da bugman wrote:We need a mag for the 300 acc. Has anybody looked into gettting a run done with out the front rib. With out that rib we could seat the bullets based on mag length and thoat length.

I know about milling the front rib, but a well made plastic with a thicker wall would be the best way to go. Anything avaible like that now?

JD
A PMAG and a minute with a wood chisel does the trick nicely.

But, no purpose-built ones (yet) since we are working factory loads to work in a standard 5.56 mag.
Kick Ass Design
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I would rather design ammo to work with normal mags. Just use a large radius ogive on the bullet.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

It is nice to have bullets that you can load close to the lands for better accuracy. Also, the factory ammo from remington fits in a mag just fine, sure, but it also rattles around like a marraca (sp).
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.