Going bravely forth.....300BLK AK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Going bravely forth.....300BLK AK

Post by 300Blk »

wolf

Post by wolf »

silencertalk wrote:I would like to see someone make an AUG barrel.
How about a barrel for a Shrike 8) the cases should fit in the belts ,, dont know about the feeding mechanism
thehouseproduct
Silent Operator

Post by thehouseproduct »

silencertalk wrote:InRange is making the barrel and doing the rifle conversion from a short gas SLR106UR.
Does anyone know if a Saiga 223 is considered "short gas"?
Smilodon

Post by Smilodon »

thehouseproduct wrote:
silencertalk wrote:InRange is making the barrel and doing the rifle conversion from a short gas SLR106UR.

That would be a normal length gas system. M92, AMD-65, Micro Galil, and Bulgarian/Russian so called "krinkovs" would be your only "short gas" options. AMD is really more "mid length" I would suppose. Which is what I'll be going with for my project.
The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.' That is President Obama." --radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh
jurist

Post by jurist »

Out of curiosity, what was the gas port size on the SLR-106UR?
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
Smilodon

Post by Smilodon »

Finally was able to come up with .223 Saiga for this proj. My dad ordered from Accusport yesterday! They've been out of stock ever since the whole ATF/Saiga12 fiasco for some reason. :shock:
The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.' That is President Obama." --radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh
thehouseproduct
Silent Operator

Post by thehouseproduct »

Smilodon wrote:
thehouseproduct wrote:

That would be a normal length gas system. M92, AMD-65, Micro Galil, and Bulgarian/Russian so called "krinkovs" would be your only "short gas" options. AMD is really more "mid length" I would suppose. Which is what I'll be going with for my project.
Would one of the 556 dracos work?
Smilodon

Post by Smilodon »

I was think ing that maybe a good basis myself, allready have the Saiga......hmmm, might have to pick on of those up too!