mk18-ish 300blk?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bullseye_Josh

mk18-ish 300blk?

Post by Bullseye_Josh »

I want to build a MK18-ish SBR in 300 blackout. In searching around, the only manufacturer I can find who makes 10.3" (I would be happy with 10.5" as well) barrels is Delta Arms Company. Their barrels seem very inexpensive. Does anyone have experience with one? Are the gas ports sized to run both suppressed and unsuppressed with 220grain subsonic? Will the Daniel Defense MK18 rail allow enough clearance with a 10.3" barrel to mount an SDN6 or does it have to be 10.5?

Thanks for the info and feedback!
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Re: mk18-ish 300blk?

Post by JasonAAC »

Bullseye_Josh wrote:I want to build a MK18-ish SBR in 300 blackout. In searching around, the only manufacturer I can find who makes 10.3" (I would be happy with 10.5" as well) barrels is Delta Arms Company. Their barrels seem very inexpensive. Does anyone have experience with one? Are the gas ports sized to run both suppressed and unsuppressed with 220grain subsonic? Will the Daniel Defense MK18 rail allow enough clearance with a 10.3" barrel to mount an SDN6 or does it have to be 10.5?

All i've heard is that Delta is GTG.

I don't know how they size their gas ports.

You will need a 10.5 to mount the 'N-6 and use a RISII rail.
Kick Ass Design
LYNRDSKYNRD
Silent Operator

Post by LYNRDSKYNRD »

Give Aaron a call.....but be careful! I called to ask about a barrel and next thing I know I am ordering a complete sidecharging upper and bcg :mrgreen:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

I sell cars and timeshares too. I know you would like an all inclusive stay in Khartoum, Africa! only $10k/year.
To the op, I can do about any barrel length you want. Feel free to give me a jingle or shoot me an email and we can get the details ironed out of what you need.
Lets get to work!
(I just saw on TV this morning that ending a sales pitch with "lets get to work" will guarantee a sale anytime, it had to be true, it was on fox news, we shall see how it works on the unsuspecting victim.)
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
post tensioned

Post by post tensioned »

82nd airborne wrote:this morning that ending a sales pitch with "lets get to work" will guarantee a sale anytime, it had to be true, it was on fox news, we shall see how it works on the unsuspecting victim.)
Rick Scott used that slogan to win the Governor's seat of Florida so it must work.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Post tensioned, you should by five of my custom long range m700's, lets get to work!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Mayday671

Post by Mayday671 »

Bullseye_Josh wrote:
I want to build a MK18-ish SBR in 300 blackout. In searching around, the only manufacturer I can find who makes 10.3" (I would be happy with 10.5" as well) barrels is Delta Arms Company. Their barrels seem very inexpensive. Does anyone have experience with one? Are the gas ports sized to run both suppressed and unsuppressed with 220grain subsonic? Will the Daniel Defense MK18 rail allow enough clearance with a 10.3" barrel to mount an SDN6 or does it have to be 10.5?

All i've heard is that Delta is GTG.

I don't know how they size their gas ports.

You will need a 10.5 to mount the 'N-6 and use a RISII rail.

Question about this info. I may be missing something so just looking for clarification. Im currently running a MK18 clone with a Daniel Defense RIS II rail and a CMMG 10.3" barrel with a M4-2000 can attached. I have approximately 1/8" between my can and the rail. How would this be any different with the same rail and barrel length using a 7.62 SDN instead of the M4-2000.
Mayday671

Post by Mayday671 »

Sorry about the post above. I missed the quote option.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Mayday671 wrote:Question about this info. I may be missing something so just looking for clarification. Im currently running a MK18 clone with a Daniel Defense RIS II rail and a CMMG 10.3" barrel with a M4-2000 can attached. I have approximately 1/8" between my can and the rail. How would this be any different with the same rail and barrel length using a 7.62 SDN instead of the M4-2000.
I'm not sure how you are running this setup. On the 10.3 barrels that i have seen with a RIS II, the BLACKOUT hider fits, but the can bottoms out on the front of the rail before it's fully seated. This includes one gun the DD guys had at the last silencer shoot. With a 10.5" barrel, I get between an eighth and a quarter of an inch of clearance. Don't know what to tell you, I am glad it works for you though.
Kick Ass Design
Mayday671

Post by Mayday671 »

JasonAAC wrote:
Mayday671 wrote:Question about this info. I may be missing something so just looking for clarification. Im currently running a MK18 clone with a Daniel Defense RIS II rail and a CMMG 10.3" barrel with a M4-2000 can attached. I have approximately 1/8" between my can and the rail. How would this be any different with the same rail and barrel length using a 7.62 SDN instead of the M4-2000.
I'm not sure how you are running this setup. On the 10.3 barrels that i have seen with a RIS II, the BLACKOUT hider fits, but the can bottoms out on the front of the rail before it's fully seated. This includes one gun the DD guys had at the last silencer shoot. With a 10.5" barrel, I get between an eighth and a quarter of an inch of clearance. Don't know what to tell you, I am glad it works for you though.
10.3" CMMG Barrel, Daniel Defense RIS II Rail, AAC M4-2000 can