Still waiting on some 123gr AMMO,

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

firefighter509
Silent Operator

Still waiting on some 123gr AMMO,

Post by firefighter509 »

Like the title says, were the hell it the cheap (.556) price ammo that we were promised at the beginning of adopting this round. I do not reload, so shooting $1.00 a peace 220gr sub's in not practical. Any time frame or up dates on this. I have an expensive rifle now that I can not afford to shoot.

On a side note; I am a little worried that the slow production of the supersonic ammo will delay, slow, negate the Mass adoption of this round.
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Still waiting on some 123gr AMMO,

Post by 300Blk »

Ammo production is at full speed. But true, not fast enough. I can't tell you when more cheap 123 grain ammo will be available - this summer it seems. Subsonic is running until back orders are filled. Then supersonic. It was not intentional or that we think subsonic is more important. The delay is because we changed to a longer supersonic bullet and new tooling is being made so we are stockpiling subsonic while that is happening. I should not really say stockpiling as it is all pre-sold.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

It will all happen. it's only 6 months or so since the introduction of the round.
Kick Ass Design
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

The planned introduction was the Shot Show in mid Jan. So 3 months, but it was known early due to being seen at a military show.
yellowfin
Silent Operator

Post by yellowfin »

Ironic that slower moving ammo comes faster...
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
haus

Post by haus »

For discussion sake, how much ammo has been produced and what is the current production capacity (weekly or monthly) of the factory?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I would estimate just over a million cases have been made. Probably about 750,000 loaded rounds, the rest is component brass. I can't get into the production capacity of the factory. Plenty of this ammo is being made at this point and forward. Subsonic ammo is no longer in short supply and supersonic will be taken care of in a month or two for certain customers and then around summertime for everyone.
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

IIRC remington's main factory makes something on the order of 3 million rounds of ammo a day, so I don't think their capability to produce enough is the problem.

If we could get a group buy together for 10 million rounds or so Remington would probably take notice but until then I think we just have to wait until summer.

I'm as frustrated as anyone waiting on my upper, ammo, 762SDN6, etc - but I know it will be worth the wait when it is all here.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

The supersonic ammo cannot be made ready faster. Remington is doing it as fast as possible. Really I expect to have it in May, but that batch is reserved for contracts.
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

No doubt. My 10,000,000 round group buy was tongue in cheek.