Wilson 16 barrel

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

firedavis
Silent But Deadly

Wilson 16 barrel

Post by firedavis »

I have a bull barrel setup in 223 that I want to change to 300 blk. Wilson barrels looks closes to what I am looking for. Anyone running one? Did
A search and couldn't find anything on them.
Last edited by firedavis on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Re: Wilson 16 barrel

Post by hugegator »

I just built one in an 11.3" barrel and found no info before I bought as well. I've only put about 50 through it so far to check function and sight in my 3 MOA dot. It seems reasonably accurate for what it is considering the length. It doesn't lock the bolt back on the last round no matter what ammo I use. I haven't put a can on it yet to see if the back pressure fixes this. The finish, engraving and rifling all are top notch.

Not quite the exact thing you are looking for, but I hope it helps some.
firedavis
Silent But Deadly

Post by firedavis »

Thanks for the info. More than what I have found. I have a DPMS 20 inch bull barrel and Wilson barrels have the same look. I figure I can't go wrong with a Wilson product but just haven't found any reviews on them.
Edward78

Post by Edward78 »

I have one on the way it should arrive on Monday I have all the other parts for the upper so when it comes I should be shooting it by the end of the week and will update once I do. I have no factory ammo though will be shooting my reloads With H110 powder and 125 and 150 Grain Nosier 110 Gr Barnes 110 and 130 Gr Hornady.

Ed
Edward78

Post by Edward78 »

I have shot about 100 rounds now and the barrel is shooting great getting very good groups with Nosler 125 and 150 grain bullets over H110 1 moa at 100 yard on most groups and this is with a 7 power scope. I guess I am saying this is a great barrel and I have no complaints what so ever great price and fast shipping.

Ed