Remington complete rifles

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

chase102798
Silent But Deadly

Remington complete rifles

Post by chase102798 »

Hi, Is anyone building and selling complete Remington rifles in the 300BLK yet? ...without having to go buy your own Rem 700 or 7, as I don't have one.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remington complete rifles

Post by imyomama »

I think it's a shot show "hush hush " release .... so i'd think we can get them toward end of january.. cross your fingers!! I'm getting one too!!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

We won't have rifles by the Shot Show (except samples) - they will be Model-7s and ship much later. If you want a Rem rifle, the best thing is to buy the AAC barrel from MidwayUSA and have the barrel installed on a 223 or ideally a 17 Fireball rifle.

I recommend buying barrels now if you want something anytime soon.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

If you can find one, the mini-mausers can make some nice reliable .300BLK's due to their robust extractor. Howas also can be made to work well. Savages can to, but it takes some extractor/ejector mods. There are several ways to go about that. I understand you want a Remington though, since you named it specifically in your post, just thought Id throw that out there for the betterment of the group.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Eagle1*
Silent Operator

Post by Eagle1* »

silencertalk wrote:We won't have rifles by the Shot Show (except samples) - they will be Model-7s and ship much later. If you want a Rem rifle, the best thing is to buy the AAC barrel from MidwayUSA and have the barrel installed on a 223 or ideally a 17 Fireball rifle.

So, these are the remington actions that are needed to build one of these rifles?
In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC!
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Eagle1* wrote:
silencertalk wrote:We won't have rifles by the Shot Show (except samples) - they will be Model-7s and ship much later. If you want a Rem rifle, the best thing is to buy the AAC barrel from MidwayUSA and have the barrel installed on a 223 or ideally a 17 Fireball rifle.

So, these are the remington actions that are needed to build one of these rifles?
Correct. If you want to use one of the AAC barrels, you need a Remington Model 7 or 700 short action receiver (.223 or 17 fireball as mentioned.)

I used a Remington 700 SPS in .223 that I found on sale with the light profile barrel above.

2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

Why ideally a .17 Fireball over the .223? Are there extractor and/or magazine differences (follower? internal spacer?) between the two chamberings?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

The ejector is different.
Eagle1*
Silent Operator

Post by Eagle1* »

silencertalk wrote:The ejector is different.

So, would the 223 SA or the other action be better choice if i was going to build a rifle from scratch? I was thinking a Remington 223 short action and the medium barrels from AAC that have just hit the market with a very nice stock would probably make a damn fine shooting rifle!
In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC!
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

well that's no good!!!!

brass check!
bullets check!
dies check!
gun...... ahhhhhhhhhhh daaaaarn!

I don't have gunsmithing skills to do my own remi .. so I'll just have to wait for the model 7 to come out...
I guess i'll just have to use my saved up money on something else for now!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales