my 300 blackout bolt gun wont be a remington

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

imyomama
Silent But Deadly

my 300 blackout bolt gun wont be a remington

Post by imyomama »

Well, after much debate I decided to send off one of my babies for surgery!

The rifle is a Tikka t3 lite , chambered in 223. and it's a tack driver ... but I really want a quiet bolt gun!

I can't wait to see how it turns out , but based on my prelim test at home with 300 brass , it looks like it will eject brass reliably!

on another note for those of you who know , the tikka uses a single stack detacheable box magazine , so it should also feed like butter..

and they make a 4 and 6 round factory mag! (I wish for a 10...maybe some day someone will make it)

it appears that bullets with oal of 2.200 fit the mag without mod .. so reload potiential there!

not to piss off the AAC gods , but my cyclone probalby won't end up on this gun either.. this is going to be a light contour hunting gun , so my SAS arbiter titanium can will get the priviledge.. 13 ounces versus 22.4 !!!
(and it was the same price!!!)

but don't worry , the cyclone will get plenty of excersise on my 9" AR upper!

any how , I thought i'd share my excitement over the Tikka project , and give some of you another idea of a possible host for a custom build...!!

I can't reveal my source on who is building this , but if he agrees , i'd be more than happy to give feedback and send business his way if this turns out as good as i'm hoping it will !!

so far , he's been most outstanding to deal with!!

more to come.....
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Re: my 300 blackout bolt gun wont be a remington

Post by 82nd airborne »

I dont mind.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

82nd airborne wrote:I dont mind.
hehehe... dude do you ever sleep? 10am or 10pm you're always on!

cool!!

Man I can't wait .... i'm so excited about this !!! it's like having both Jessica Simpson and Carry underwood waiting for me at home naked! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony , you F.ed up twice!
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

+1, was wondering if a conversion on a CZ 452 223 would work as well.......
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

theflatline wrote:+1, was wondering if a conversion on a CZ 452 223 would work as well.......
I think you mean 527 .. the 452 is 22lr ... I think... i should know .. got one of those too...

yeah , unfortunately my cz527 is in 7.62x39 .. it's also a cool compact gun and the double set trigger is nice too!!

I would have done it as well if i had one in 223!
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

imyomama wrote:

cool!!

Man I can't wait .... i'm so excited about this !!! it's like having both Jessica Simpson and Carry underwood waiting for me at home naked! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have 6 slipped discs in my spine, a broken pelvis, and I am awaiting two full knee replacements, so no, I dont sleep much!
One added bonus...If I cant sleep, I might as well be in the shop!
Im looking forward to building your Tikka, they are such a slick gun. It should make a great BLK!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

82nd airborne wrote:
imyomama wrote:

cool!!

I have 6 slipped discs in my spine, a broken pelvis, and I am awaiting two full knee replacements, so no, I dont sleep much!
One added bonus...If I cant sleep, I might as well be in the shop!
Im looking forward to building your Tikka, they are such a slick gun. It should make a great BLK!
yeeks .. you got me beat ! I got 5 screws holding my right hip together along with a 12inch scar (looks like a centepede.. kinda cool! thinking of making it a tatoo) and my right foot was practicly severed 6 inch above the ankle ..

they put it back together though.. ankle don't work too good .. big toe don't move .. but I can walk!!!

my dancing days are over.. but at least I sleep like a baby!
no4mk1t

Post by no4mk1t »

imyomama wrote:
theflatline wrote:+1, was wondering if a conversion on a CZ 452 223 would work as well.......
I think you mean 527 .. the 452 is 22lr ... I think... i should know .. got one of those too...

yeah , unfortunately my cz527 is in 7.62x39 .. it's also a cool compact gun and the double set trigger is nice too!!

If you use the CZ 527 in 223 as the basis for your Whisper, you have to mod the magazine, or use 7.62X39 magazines.
According to the shop that did mine, if you use the CZ 527 in 7.62X39 as the basis for your Whisper, no mag mods. Not sure on what else is required to make it work, but they claimed mine was the first one in 223 they did. All the others were based on 7.62X39.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

imyomama wrote:

OOPPPs :oops:
Yeah 527, just got a 452 :D
I think the bolt face would be to big if using the 7.62x39 no?
Haven't verified the te cas head sizes...
Schlafftablett

Post by Schlafftablett »

762 bolt face is about .450, 556 is about .380. I used a Rem 799 for my whisper; it has a standard box magazine and really just needed re-barreled to work. I still haven't gotten around to building the stack yet and can't decide between a mono or standard. Suggestions?