Thank you for making the 300BLK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Thank you for making the 300BLK

Post by curious sam »

I was always tempted by a 30 cal subsonic out of an AR... but I generally avoid wildcats, so I never went there.

It sounds like there will be real $$ pushing this into the mainstream. If the prices aren't in the stratosphere, I will do my little bitty part to support the round by buying a barrel, a couple cases of ammo, and the AAC suppresor for the project.

Props to AAC for spearheading it, and to Remington for stepping up to the plate with the ammo production, and to everyone else who is making reamers/dies/etc.
Hellrazor

Re: Thank you for making the 300BLK

Post by Hellrazor »

I just hope Remington doesn't charge out the a$$ for ammo... just like the 17 Fireball. Hell, there's nothing to the thing (17FB) and it cost as much or more than standard hunting rounds... and because it's "their" idea, they will be the only one to load it.

I think 300BLK will be the same. Unless you reload, it will be difficult to afford Remington's prices if you shoot much...
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Hellrazor wrote:I just hope Remington doesn't charge out the a$$ for ammo... just like the 17 Fireball. Hell, there's nothing to the thing (17FB) and it cost as much or more than standard hunting rounds... and because it's "their" idea, they will be the only one to load it.

I think 300BLK will be the same. Unless you reload, it will be difficult to afford Remington's prices if you shoot much...
I don't think so. We are aiming to keep it reasonable. There will of course be various levels of price and performance.
Plus, we already have other companies interested in loading for it, and anyone is free to. It'll take a little time to ramp up, but it will happen.
Kick Ass Design
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

For a new, specialty round like this, anything under 50 cents a round would be stellar pricing. That would be an instant two case purchase for me.

As far as reloading, I have a 550, so color me blue. I'm looking forward playing with this :)

And the can should work for my Grendel, too :) Its a win/win/win.
Hellrazor

Post by Hellrazor »

That's good to hear. I do reload but with 2 kids < 4yr, it is sometimes hard to find time for it. Especially for something like the 300BLK where I would burn through some ammo :wink:
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

No excuses, I have twins under 4 ;)

They can't wait to shoot "their OWN rifles"
Hellrazor

Post by Hellrazor »

Yup, I've got a chipmunk for the boy and a pink cricket for the girl.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

+1 for the gratitude. I really, really want to see this succeed.
"I had the old man keep it pushed in while I strong-armed her. " -- copenhagen
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

Same here.

I'm self employed and understand the risk and expense of passion projects. The lack of licensing here speaks to the real desire to bring it to market and make it work.

I grew up in an ad agency and have a degree in marketing, and I've found myself devising marketing campaigns for this round in my head during the day :shock: I'm a little weird in the head I suppose.

IMHO, FWIW, you shoud really consider a campaign that involves something about split personality round...
tcba_joe

Post by tcba_joe »

I was talking to a shop owner about this new round yesterday.

If all the promises stand true, this could be the rifle equivalent of .40 S&W.