Will a Complete Rem 700 300 BLK be available?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DorikinGTSt

Re: Will a Complete Rem 700 300 BLK be available?

Post by DorikinGTSt »

could a .300BLK non-mount brake be fabricated for less than $150? Bore out and rethread?

Will the rifle's stock be available in OD green? Mossy Oak isn't my fave. Realtree is more my style.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

DorikinGTSt wrote:could a .300BLK non-mount brake be fabricated for less than $150? Bore out and rethread?
no, considering the regular mount brake is $150. you can buy those all day long though. :)

The non-mount brake we currently make is 556 and i think too small to work with 7.62. A non-mount 762 brake is a future possibility, but i can't give any schedule.
Kick Ass Design
DorikinGTSt

Post by DorikinGTSt »

I would easily pay $225 for a non-mount. I would buy one of the QD brakes if I could get an AAC fake 762 can with ratchet. Since there is none such beast I am out of luck.

Is there a rear ratched mount lying around the shop that could be purchased as-is for educational and theatrical purposes? A demilled one with the reg'd tube removed? Perhaps a piece for the thriving Form 1 market?

Will the bolt and receiver of the rifle be coated black like the 700 Blackout rifles?
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

A Model 7 with light weight barrel sounds interesting , however, I think it's not going to sell anywhere near what a similarly packaged 700 would. A 700 SPS Tactical version with a varmint contour barrel with a length in the 16"-18" range would be the bee's knees.

Do some market research on this. Go through the plethora of internet sites where people have shown their custom 300 Whispers, 300/.221 Fireballs, and the like. If it's a bolt rifle, you're going to see an overwhelming majority of 700's. I don't ever remember seeing a Model 7.

I'm not saying a Model 7 won't sell well, I just believe you're going to have to work 2x as hard to do so considering the immense popularity of its bigger brother.

I don't have a desire for a light weight Model 7 but would consider other offerings that may come out in the future.
DorikinGTSt

Post by DorikinGTSt »

There is no other factory bolt or lever gun that will be chambered for this cartridge that I know of. I care not of the fame of the 700. I care about launching heavy rocks quietly.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

We make the products we want to own. We want Model 7s. That is a unanimous decision by everyone at AAC. It is smaller and lighter. Using an oversized action just to be more popular is against what we believe in.
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

silencertalk wrote:We make the products we want to own. We want Model 7s. That is a unanimous decision by everyone at AAC. It is smaller and lighter. Using an oversized action just to be more popular is against what we believe in.
Uhh...I wasn't trying to rain on your parade or piss in your Corn Flakes, just trying to point out the obvious. Wether you or any employee at AAC wants nothing but model 7's is irrelevant. If you don't have customers willing to buy it, you're in trouble. There's no argument regarding which Remington bolt action most shooters prefer to buy.

If you guys aren't serious about marketing this round to a larger prospective customer base, then be prepared for the real possibility that this cartridge will fail - like so many other Remington offerings of the last 30+ years.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a consumer. If you don't manufacture a product that I wish to buy I'm sure I'll have no problem spending my disposable income elsewhere.

I wish AAC well in its endeavours with the 300 BLK.
dbrown
Silent Operator

Post by dbrown »

[quote="2bad4u2"][quote="silencertalk"]We make the products we want to own. We want Model 7s. That is a unanimous decision by everyone at AAC. It is smaller and lighter. Using an oversized action just to be more popular is against what we believe in.

[/quote]2bad4u2 If you guys aren't serious about marketing this round to a larger prospective customer base, then be prepared for the real possibility that this cartridge will fail

Isn't the main focus of the round on an AR system? I could be wrong, but I thought ARs were pretty popular...
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Yes, and I know of ten companies making ARs for it.
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

silencertalk wrote:Yes, and I know of ten companies making ARs for it.
Please, due tell? Having multiple options is definitely a good thing.

Eventhough I own (3) of them, AR's aren't the be all to end all. Not everyone can own them or use them for hunting purposes. I'd prefer a bolt gun due to simplicity and I think it's a better platform to take full advantage of the 300 BLK's inherent versatility.

I could see myself buying a new upper for my AR in addition to a bolt gun.