Questions on lower choice for 300 BLACKOUT

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bullseye_Josh

Questions on lower choice for 300 BLACKOUT

Post by Bullseye_Josh »

I'm probably way more excited than I should be about this rount, but to be honest, this is the first thing to come along in the gun world in about 5 years that has excited me. I'm looking at form 1'ing my first SBR to accomodate the ATF for the 9" upper, and I have some newbieish questions that I'm a little embarassed that I don't know the answers to, but here goes:

1. Looking at an LMT Defender 2K complete lower. The way I figure, best bang for the buck if you want the SOPMOD stock (and I do). Is the LMT 2-stage a decent trigger?

2. I want to add a Noveske QD sling plate and the LMT's nut is staked. Do I just crank the hell out of it to get it off and then re-stake it or is there a better way?

3. Where and with what exact information does the lower have to be engraved? (Can I engrave it under the grip or somewhere less conspicuous?

Thanks guys!

--Josh
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Questions on lower choice for 300 BLACKOUT

Post by chrismartin »

1. I haven't shot the LMT 2 stage, but I'm sure it is a great trigger. I've always felt they were on the high side, price-wise. If I were spending $200 on a trigger, it would be a Geissele SSA or something.

2. Yes, all you do is remove the castle nut with the proper tool. The staking will smooth out. It should not be too difficult.

3. You will need your full name (or full trust or corp name) city, state. The least conspicuous place to engrave is the inside of the trigger area. That depends on how long your name is though. You cannot "hide" the engraving, it must be visible without removing anything.

Click the link below to see a few examples of AR15 lowers that are engraved:

http://www.orion-arms.com/gun-engraving ... tions.html
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

FWIW,

Orion Arms has done my engraving in the past and their work is top notch.

It is also acceptable to use "A recognized abreviation" of your name or the name of your trust.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
este
Senior Silent Operator

Post by este »

chrismartin wrote:If I were spending $200 on a trigger, it would be a Geissele SSA or something.
Agreed fully. Those are really nice triggers.

My next one will be a two, but if I did a one stage again it would be the Timney.