Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

-k-
Industry Professional

Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Post by -k- »

Noveske Rifleworks will be changing our 300 Fireball barrel production to the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

We will also make complete rifles and uppers when ammo is available for test firing.

I'll also put up info here when I determine if our 300 Fireball barrels are compatible with 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammo.

EDIT 10-07-10
300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition is safe to use in Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number of 290000 and higher.

Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number less than 290000 or without a serial number will need to be checked before using 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition. We will be setting up a program to send in older barrels for inspection and reaming if needed.
Last edited by -k- on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Todd
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Re: Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Post by Dr.Phil »

Any idea of availability and barrel length?

I was planning on picking up a 10.5" 300 Fireball from you as soon as they were back in stock.
When I called last week, I was told that they should be available in about two weeks.
Will this new development increase this wait?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

Probably some delay. I will be testing barrel lengths and gas port sizing for function with the 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition.
Todd
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

Will you take backorders over the phone and if so, will the price point be the same as the 10.5" Fireball?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

-k- wrote:Noveske Rifleworks will be changing our 300 Fireball barrel production to the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.
.... and now I shall do my happy dance. :D
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I'd sure love a Noveske .300BLK barrel!

Maybe I'll go ahead and pick up some reloading dies and start loading up some ammo while I wait :)
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

We will not take backorders yet. We may take backorders when we have decided on barrel lengths and rifle/upper configurations.
Todd
jakjakman

Post by jakjakman »

-k- wrote:Noveske Rifleworks will be changing our 300 Fireball barrel production to the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

We will also make complete rifles and uppers when ammo is available for test firing.

I'll also put up info here when I determine if our 300 Fireball barrels are compatible with 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammo.

Wooooooo!!! Rock on! You just made my day. :mrgreen:

Any idea on barrel lengths to be offered?
John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains—and he withdrew his fire—until the day when men withdraw their vultures. --Atlas Shrugged.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

We will make a 16" barrel for sure, other than that we are going to take a fresh look at barrel lengths and function.
Todd
silentbushmaster
Silent Operator

Post by silentbushmaster »

That is the real questions, if they will be compatible. That will determine who jumps on board.
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"