Gas Block Position?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BWE Firearms

Gas Block Position?

Post by BWE Firearms »

I have two questions:

1) Is the gas block on your upper in the pistol position or the carbine position?

2) Does your upper use a 3 position gas block?

Thank you, it's nice to see someone standardising the Whisper/300-221/Blackout and have a good source for ammo.
Richard Hoffman

BWE Firearms & Parts
Longwood, FL 32750
(407) 592-3975
[email protected]
www.bwefirearms.com
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Re: Gas Block Position?

Post by JasonAAC »

BWE Firearms wrote:I have two questions:

1) Is the gas block on your upper in the pistol position or the carbine position?

2) Does your upper use a 3 position gas block?

Thank you, it's nice to see someone standardising the Whisper/300-221/Blackout and have a good source for ammo.
The 9" PDW upper has a pistol-length gas system and it is a non-adjustable lo-pro block.
Kick Ass Design
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Gas Block Position?

Post by 300Blk »

Yes, and we recommend the carbine postion for 16 inch barrels.

This is because, unlike many subsonic loads that have been made, Remington subsonic ammo will generate enough gas pressure to make a carbine position gas work well.

Moreover, carbine position is much better for supersonic ammo - because the chamber pressure has more time to decrease and allow for reliable extraction. We want military levels of reliability. The supersonic ammo will be the lowest cost, and I predict that most of the ammo sales will be supersonic - even though that is hard to imagine for the people who frequent this site. We will market to hunters and self defense and LE - magazine ads to promote this and show people the possibilities.

I do realize that this is a controversial subject and that many have gone with the pistol location 16 inch barrels. I contend that will change once people try the Remington subsonic ammo and see how energetic it is in carbine gas systems.

If you want to develop your guns now, load up sample ammo with the suggested subsonic load that I posted. Try it in a 16 inch carbine position rifle.