Ammo?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

yellowfin
Silent Operator

Re: Ammo?

Post by yellowfin »

silencertalk wrote:30 Rem AR is designed to be the most powerful 30 cal hunting round that you could shoot from a normal size AR platform. It has a special beefy bolt and magazines.

The 300 AAC BLACKOUT is more of an intermediate cartridge power which retains the full 30 rounds of a normal magazine, and uses a standard bolt.
Speaking of that, is Remington going to continue making the .30 AR? Did it take off like they wanted or will it be abandoned? I'm looking at outfitting my rifle for deer and while I may want a 300 BLK I'll want something with more juice too. Any insights as to what will happen or has already happened to the .30 AR and the 6.8 SPC?
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

That is a question for Remington. Logically I don't see why there would be a change. It would be like wondering what will happen to 22-250 if you decide to make 204 Ruger.
yellowfin
Silent Operator

Post by yellowfin »

This is more like a VHS-Betamax question. I wanna know which player to buy so that I don't wind up with 10 movies now and no new ones I can play when 50 million come out for the other.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette