Ammo?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Lars

Re: Ammo?

Post by Lars »

AZ-K9 wrote:Have you paid JD Jones?
I think you missed above, this is 300 Blackout, not Whisper, it is a different cartridge, reamer,etc.
Umlaut Industries LLC
silentbushmaster
Silent Operator

Post by silentbushmaster »

It's about as different as a Fireball is to a Whisper. I think most can read between the lines.
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"
fstbk65

Post by fstbk65 »

I want to hear about 220 grain subsonic bullets that expand effectively. Will there be any mass produced round for this so we don't have to pay a fortune for projectiles to reload ourselves?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I would like to do an expanding subsonic. But not right away.
eazenutz33
Silent Operator

Post by eazenutz33 »

silencertalk wrote:I would like to do an expanding subsonic. But not right away.
this round is the primary draw for me......completely hearing safe deer rifle is a desire of mine. (I know its not your target market, but it couldn't find my needs more)
I got a silencer for my wife.......I think it was a good trade!
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

eazenutz33 wrote:
silencertalk wrote:I would like to do an expanding subsonic. But not right away.
this round is the primary draw for me......completely hearing safe deer rifle is a desire of mine. (I know its not your target market, but it couldn't find my needs more)
That is part of the target market- 30 cal hunting from the AR platform. A powerful expanding sub would be great.
Kick Ass Design
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Somebody contacted Berry's on another forum about making plated 200's I believe.

Get ahold of Rainer and see what they'll do for us. Heavy plated hollow points, heavy plated round nose, heavy plated pointed rounds. Pick something and ask. And tell them it isn't for wildcatting, it's for a standardized cartridge that is being made by Remington.

*evil cackle*
no4mk1t

Post by no4mk1t »

soohwa wrote:So, to more reloading questions.

I've not seen a firm answer as to the parent case. So I'll ask this.....If I were reloading 300BLK on my Dillon 550....Should I buy the 300 Whisper shell plate/caliber conversion?

ETA: sorry for the nagging questions, I was going to buy a 338spectre before the news of the 300blk came out. So I'm having to switch gears midstream so to speak.
223 shellplate and buttons. AK powder funnel. Pistol charge bar.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
soohwa

Post by soohwa »

no4mk1t wrote:
soohwa wrote:So, to more reloading questions.

I've not seen a firm answer as to the parent case. So I'll ask this.....If I were reloading 300BLK on my Dillon 550....Should I buy the 300 Whisper shell plate/caliber conversion?

ETA: sorry for the nagging questions, I was going to buy a 338spectre before the news of the 300blk came out. So I'm having to switch gears midstream so to speak.
223 shellplate and buttons. AK powder funnel. Pistol charge bar.
Thanks, after researching this morning, I got the same conclusion. All I need is the AK funnel.

Also researched loaded 300whisper ammo. I certainly hope that the price point for the 300blk is better than $2 a round.
كافر
silentbushmaster
Silent Operator

Post by silentbushmaster »

I am sure that Noveske is stamping barrels "300 Blackout" as we speak.
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"