Best and cleanest powder for reloading sub suppressed 245gr fpc

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300 AAC Silent

Best and cleanest powder for reloading sub suppressed 245gr fpc

Post by 300 AAC Silent »

Howdy fellas,

Just getting into reloading, running 8.5” 1/7 twist with dead air sandman L. I’m cycling store bought subs no problem with minor gas adjustments. I want to start reloading Missouri bullets fully coated 245gr. I’m looking to run right around 25,600 cup and a clean as possible. What are the suggestions on the cleanest and best fit for the job.
noname
Silent Operator

Re: Best and cleanest powder for reloading sub suppressed 245gr fpc

Post by noname »

I am not an expert like Dellet and a few others but alignment of the hole in the barrel gas port and gas block is critical. I have read ways to check this here without taking the upper apart but do not remember. Might could do a "search" and find out. This alignment would be my first thing to check as it doesn't have to be off much to create is problem. You might just need to turn the gas block a bit and look for the carbon imprint ring on it without taking it all apart.

Did you buy this as an assembled upper or as an upper in parts?

I use Reloader 7.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
300 AAC Silent

Post by 300 AAC Silent »

I put it together myself. Either way my gas block has no issues. It is adjustable and I have had to make minor changes depending on what store bought rounds I’ve been using. My real question on reloading and what powder works the best and is the cleanest running 8.5” barrel with suppressor. Trying to achieve 25,600 cup with a 245gr bullet.
300 AAC Silent

Post by 300 AAC Silent »

I’ve read a couple post in here stating Vihtavuori n105 possibly even n110. But I can’t find that stuff to save my life right now. Anything comparable would be great.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

300 AAC Silent wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 pm I’ve read a couple post in here stating Vihtavuori n105 possibly even n110. But I can’t find that stuff to save my life right now. Anything comparable would be great.
Hornady has good data for the Vihtavouri powders. They are probably some of the cleanest powders for subs on the market. N1120, N110, N105 are all suitable.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
300 AAC Silent

Post by 300 AAC Silent »

Do you know where I can find any? My trouble is that I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on finding any inventory. Do you know of something comparable with similar cleanliness and composition that is more readily available?