Just to honor a good man

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Just to honor a good man

Post by rebel »

I learned tonight that a good friend and customer of my shop passed away tonight of a heart attack.
I spoke to him this morning as he came in for a BS session and a AM Cheerwine soda. I will miss his musings and life lessons. He had been out West, killed elk and mule deer, killed countless southern whitetail - old school, all mature bucks - no does, no spikes. Busted for moon shining back in the day and couldn't get his 3 convictions expunged though they got to Obama's desk. Non violent, just making liquor. He was a great guy and a fixture in my shop. God's speed Shorty! We love you and will see you soon enough. Very sad tonight and mind is off election nonsense. Sorry for the very dark post.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
pj-schmidt
Silent Operator

Re: Just to honor a good man

Post by pj-schmidt »

Sorry for your loss.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

So sorry to hear rebel. :cry:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

my condolances man, thats sad to hear
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Sounds like Shorty was a priceless friend and wonderful character-of-the-world. May he rest in peace, and cook some heavenly ‘shine for the angels.