Greetings & Salutations

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TxGhost

Greetings & Salutations

Post by TxGhost »

New member.
Not new to firearms.
LEO/Mil background.
Lifetime of hunting.
Never reloaded ammunition.

I have been enamored with this cartridge since it’s beginning. But I waited. A week ago I saw a listing on GB that I could in no way afford right now. I have firearms that have costed much more, but times are tight... really tight. So I said fuck it. Best way to fight depression at the moment was a “buy now” button...
So when it gets cleared, the ZEV is mine. 8.5” with a Surefire Warden blast deflector (not sold on that yet...).
Also have some Vortex stuff inbound. A Strike Eagle 1x8 and a Razor RMR with a 45 degree mount. The suppressor and Night Force will have to wait. I run a 6x big ass ACOG with a Doctor on a 45 degree Predator mount on the SCAR 17, so it should be easy transition.

Anyway, happy to find a place with answers to a million questions. Thank You for having me.
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Re: Greetings & Salutations

Post by TRshootem »

Welcome, you certainly stepped off the cliff with that purchase :P What the heck, you only live once in the flesh.
TxGhost

Post by TxGhost »

TRshootem wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:59 pm Welcome, you certainly stepped off the cliff with that purchase :P What the heck, you only live once in the flesh.
Ya, I miss read that old adage of “ Buy the best weapon you can afford.” Years ago as “Buy the best weapons you CANNOT afford.”
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

Welcome!

Buy once, cry once...
There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.
Just checking out past threads will save you month, if not years of development time.

As long as you have time to spend on it, hand-loading for 300 BLK will save you a ton of money in the long run and also yield the best performance.
If you take the next step and either cast, or buy plated / coated bullets such as Berry's, you can shoot 300 BLK for close to what 22lr MATCH costs.
(Just don't factor in your time or initial investment in tooling...) :lol:
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

I'm pretty new here myself Tx. Welcome to the forum!
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

Welcome to the group!