ST300P Mk 2 by IDWS

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

ST300P Mk 2 by IDWS

Post by gds »

Some may remember my ST300P MK 1

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=108028

Well let me introduce the MK 2

7.5 inch 300blk Pistol. Direct Impingement pistol gas system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E5wS7N9AOQ

The magazine had subsonic and supersonic loaded randomly in it.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: ST300P Mk 2 by IDWS

Post by gds »

Uses a modified AR15 Lower, and modified Bolt Carrier. Standard Bolt, LPK and an Uzi Recoil Spring

Side Folder

Charging handle can be either on the left or right side
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

50 yds 208 amax subsonics
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Field Stripped

gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Parts Break down

Front Trunnion

Barrel Attached

Barrel in upper
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Upper

Top portion of upper
from front

From rear
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Bolt Carrier, carrier with Charging handle. Charging handle was remade and heat treated after I bent the one in the picture.

Lower. EP ARmory 80%., with buffer extension removed and pocket milled for attaching to upper. This lower is way out of spec and had to shim the Bolt hold open and the selector. Would not recommend for anything other than a .22 AR.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

And this is why some people should not be allowed to buy a drill press :shock:

Not many people know this, but the reason gds is not capitalized is that they are not the OP’s initials. They represent what his parents were constantly yelling at him. “Gosh darn son, is everything a gun to you?” In public all it took was a sideways glance and a mumbled gds, and the OP would immediately bite the barrel off the pancake he had cleverly chewed to the shape of a glock. :P

All kidding aside, what can be produced with a few simple tools and a deep working knowledge of firearms always amazes me. The number of people who seem to have trouble assembling a functioning AR that will reliably shoot, should give a clue to what gds has done.

To dump a mixed mag and not miss a beat is more difficult than it seems. To do it quietly and accurately is another level of smithing. Yes, that was a form 1 suppressor also.

Another job well done MR. Stonishnakavzi.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

Great job and great pics!

What type of aluminum did you use for the upper?
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:18 am And this is why some people should not be allowed to buy a drill press :shock:

Not many people know this, but the reason gds is not capitalized is that they are not the OP’s initials. They represent what his parents were constantly yelling at him. “Gosh darn son, is everything a gun to you?” In public all it took was a sideways glance and a mumbled gds, and the OP would immediately bite the barrel off the pancake he had cleverly chewed to the shape of a glock. :P

All kidding aside, what can be produced with a few simple tools and a deep working knowledge of firearms always amazes me. The number of people who seem to have trouble assembling a functioning AR that will reliably shoot, should give a clue to what gds has done.

To dump a mixed mag and not miss a beat is more difficult than it seems. To do it quietly and accurately is another level of smithing. Yes, that was a form 1 suppressor also.

Another job well done MR. Stonishnakavzi.
It would have been a 1911 back then. Not a glock. :P