Ammo shortage

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ammo shortage

Post by bearcatrp »

Reloading supplies are in short supply. Find what you can and suck up the cost.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

bearcatrp wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:55 pm Reloading supplies are in short supply. Find what you can and suck up the cost.
Suck being the operative word.

Last week's gun show; 500rd cases of Wolf steel case 45acp ball was flying off the shelves at $250 each. One bold capitalist had a $999.99 price tag on his cases of 1000rds of 9mm.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

bearcatrp wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:55 pm Reloading supplies are in short supply. Find what you can and suck up the cost.
everything is in short supply, and getting shorter by the day.

the closer we get to the election, and the more civil unrest happens the worse its gonna get

we'll know in a few days if august is another top background check month - and i have no reason to suspect it wont be right up there with may, june and july.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

I'm being forced to cast slugs and #4 buckshot from wheel weights to get what I need for 12ga shells. I anticipated something similar happening a few decades ago and prepared. I just didn't anticipate these circumstances. I certainly never anticipated casting for 12ga ammo. Now I'm buying what I need for that. There aren't many competing for what I'm buying but there are some.

But frankly nothing I'm doing now is at all critical. And I might learn some things along the way.
exexex

Post by exexex »

Got on my local gun store's email list. Every week or so they get 9mm pallet. It's gone the day they post the ammo availability.

Shelves of handgun ammo are 95% bare: some 38 expensive stuff and 17HMR and occasionally 45ACP and 223. I've not even checked their 300 BO as I have enough for what little shooting I do with it these days.

LGS employee said they'd been told by primer supplier that there would be no metallic primers for a year: all going to ammo.

Make friends with LGS. Try any rural LGS that might have less traffic and more inventory. When you hear or see ammo, buy it quick and don't balk at the price or it will be gone. You may have to wait for it to get to you and I've heard of cancellations happening (had a Cabela's order of non-ammo stuff cancelled for first time).
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Looks like nosler Varmageddon are in stock too.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010929186?pid=464261
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BobinNC »

How do you spell "Gouging". I spell it Alamo Ammo.

300 Blackout Hornady Black 110 gr V-Max 20 rnds NO LIMITS!!! M-ID: 80873 UPC: 090255808735 AS LOW AS PRICE: $61.95 = a mere $3.20 per bullet

Or how about this boys and girls??

300 AAC Blackout Barnes Vor-TX 110 Gr Tac-TX 20 Rnds M-ID: 716876130115 UPC: 716876130115 AS LOW AS PRICE: $74.95 = a paltry $3.75 per bullet

Remember these "Suppliers" like this when the latest panic is over and done.....
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Post deleted to keep people from being confused.....
Last edited by golfindia on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

golfindia wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 pm https://www.berrysmfg.com/product/bps-300-300-220gr

I've paid less historically, but they're in stock.
Had to log back in to respond to this, but anybody thinking they want to order from this link needs to be aware that they will be ordering factory seconds. I didn't realize this because there was no obvious indication unless you scrolled down to the disclaimer at the bottom, which was out of view on my small 13" laptop screen. Didn't notice it until after I ordered and they're apparently doing a much better job of keeping up with shipping than reading their email. So now I am going to have to eat the return shipping for these although it sounds like they are at least going to waive the restocking fee.