Hey Guys newbie intro and a ?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

befus

Hey Guys newbie intro and a ?

Post by befus »

Howdy, new old guy here building my first 300 Blk during quarantine. Long time builder/shooter/hunter as on might from someone my age, 71. So hello from Arkansas, one of the safest places to be right now. My first question concerns building a pistol which is one thing I have never done. I have a nine inch barrel, brace, etc coming to put on a side charging upper, along with a lower. As I interpret the info I have read, I can put it together and add an angled foregrip without problems. It will definitely be shorter than 26" in any configuration. The question involves the lower. When I sign for it do I need to try and get it listed as an AOW, or am I kosher just building it directly into a pistol without further ado? Nice forum, glad to be here.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hey Guys newbie intro and a ?

Post by bangbangping »

Welcome. There are three options for form 4473, Question 16: Handgun, Long gun, or Other (fame, receiver, etc) . Hopefully the seller is smart enough to check other, although I wouldn't lose any sleep either way.