Sighting a scope in for subs and supers?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sighting a scope in for subs and supers?

Post by Ben B. »

That sure sounds off, and not a bad theory on the bolt. I just tried my bolt and the case doesn’t move. The top edge of stock is .23”+ from bottom edge of bolt release.

Maybe you had bad luck and got a Friday afternoon mfg & Monday morning QC gun. I always hate getting this advice...but I’d send it to Ruger and let them unfuq it. The fail to extract AND eject and the covered bolt release ain’t right. Musta slipped past em.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

Friend who owns it says that when he looked into their warranty it was by phone only and they don't have people answering the phones right now. I told him to look for online RMA process but I don't know if you follow through.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

Blackout_Yeti wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:45 pm Don't have a scope on mine yet, but planning to buy a scope that is built specifically for the .300blk platform, whose ability to shoot both supers and subs creates some problems optics-wise (i.e., having two different zeros/drop tables). What I'll probably end up purchasing is something along the lines of the following sights, one that allows for shooting both supersonics and subsonics without changing zero: Interested to see what others have to say on the topic.
I have the Eotech XPS2 built for 300 BO. It is a fair scope but I think their two dot system is mostly marketing ploy. I would not buy one again considering the cost.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
tscottturner

Post by tscottturner »

I have a 9" MCX - I recently got the Trijicon ACOG which has the drops for supers and subs in it already. I zeroed it with Barnes 110's, and then checked the sub drops with Hornady 190 Sub-X and was hitting an 8" steel plate from 100 yards with the SubX. I know the Trijicon drops are based off 16" barrel velocities, but I don't expect more than a 3-4" holdover for supers out to 300 yards. If you have the money, this has turned out to be a great option for me for the one gun/one optic solution to firing supers and subs from the same rifle.
Boil

Post by Boil »

tscottturner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:17 am I have a 9" MCX - I recently got the Trijicon ACOG which has the drops for supers and subs in it already. I zeroed it with Barnes 110's, and then checked the sub drops with Hornady 190 Sub-X and was hitting an 8" steel plate from 100 yards with the SubX. I know the Trijicon drops are based off 16" barrel velocities, but I don't expect more than a 3-4" holdover for supers out to 300 yards. If you have the money, this has turned out to be a great option for me for the one gun/one optic solution to firing supers and subs from the same rifle.
Gotta be the one with the ACSS reticle!
ironhead7544

Post by ironhead7544 »

I have the Primary Arms 3x Prism scope. Havent tried it yet due to the blasted virus. The scope is for the 300 Blackout. Check the website for more info.

It has a reticle set up for both types of ammo. You will have to confirm the zero for your individual rifle. And yes, you may be able to refine your handloads to get the zero correct for both. Could take a bit of work. Need to try different powders, charges, bullets etc.

I would probably just use dedicated uppers for each.
tscottturner

Post by tscottturner »

Boil wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 am
tscottturner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:17 am I have a 9" MCX - I recently got the Trijicon ACOG which has the drops for supers and subs in it already. I zeroed it with Barnes 110's, and then checked the sub drops with Hornady 190 Sub-X and was hitting an 8" steel plate from 100 yards with the SubX. I know the Trijicon drops are based off 16" barrel velocities, but I don't expect more than a 3-4" holdover for supers out to 300 yards. If you have the money, this has turned out to be a great option for me for the one gun/one optic solution to firing supers and subs from the same rifle.
Gotta be the one with the ACSS reticle!
Nope. It’s not the one with the ACSS reticle - this is it —> SKU: TA31-C-100413