First 300 Blk pistol

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

First 300 Blk pistol

Post by Bob the nailer »

Finished assembling an 8” pistol in 300 Blk. With this being my first pistol, I am usually shooting 16” rifles with the 300Blk, impressed is an understatement! Nothing special here with components just assembled with detail to proper assembly and torque. I always hand lap my barrels and polish the feed ramps prior to seasoning the bore for break-in. The ammo was 165grain supers from another rifle load development and I was thinking it will do for the break-in process, it shot so well at 50 yards from the start I was surprised at the groups I was getting with the red dot optic. Slightly over-gassed with supers I dropped in a H3 buffer and all was well with proper follow up shot feeding. What this is all about is that I should have built a pistol years ago, this little package is way too much fun to shoot and with a 50yard zero this load only drops 1-1/2” out to 100yards!

300 BlackOut just keeps getting better all the time! :mrgreen:
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
www.knowyourzero.com
Gman2017

Re: First 300 Blk pistol

Post by Gman2017 »

Congrats on your first 300 blk build. I love my 8" barreled 300 sbr. It is like you say, damn accurate for a shorty and is fun to shoot. I mainly shoot mine suppressed.
dpete
Silent But Deadly

Post by dpete »

I've found that with 110 grain Varmageddons that with a 50 yard zero the POI at 100 yards is the same. The bullet is rising through the 50 yard mark and dropping through the 100. Anything between 50 and 100 yards just aim at and shoot.
MeGrunt

Post by MeGrunt »

My pistol upper arrived yesterday. I've got the lower, the brace, and a parts kit.

Now I just need to work up the nerve to put it all together. My big fat arthritic fingers don't do well with small parts and there sure are a lot of them in the lower parts kit.
Flanders42

Post by Flanders42 »

Bob the nailer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 am Finished assembling an 8” pistol in 300 Blk. With this being my first pistol, I am usually shooting 16” rifles with the 300Blk, impressed is an understatement! Nothing special here with components just assembled with detail to proper assembly and torque. I always hand lap my barrels and polish the feed ramps prior to seasoning the bore for break-in. The ammo was 165grain supers from another rifle load development and I was thinking it will do for the break-in process, it shot so well at 50 yards from the start I was surprised at the groups I was getting with the red dot optic. Slightly over-gassed with supers shuttle Paris I dropped in a H3 buffer and all was well with proper follow up shot feeding. What this is all about is that I should have built a pistol years ago, this little package is way too much fun to shoot and with a 50yard zero this load only drops 1-1/2” out to 100yards!

300 BlackOut just keeps getting better all the time! :mrgreen:
Congrats