300 blackout pistol upper

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Richbirdhunter

300 blackout pistol upper

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Hello all, my name is Rich and I’m looking to buy an upper in 300 blackout. I’m looking to only shoot subsonics with a suppressor our to 100 yards.

I’m looking for manufacturers, rate of twist to stabilize a 220 grain bullet.

Thanks for the input.
NativeTexan1944

Re: 300 blackout pistol upper

Post by NativeTexan1944 »

Search the Bear Creek Arsenal web page. They have complete uppers for 5.56 and 300 Blackout in various lengths. I have a 10.5 inch bbl they manufacture in 1:7 twist. It's a tack driver with 120 gr, Barnes Vortex TAC-TX Black Tip for hunting. It's a devastating round.

My shots are between 25-75 yards. I use a Vortex Spitfire Prismatic Sight 3X. Because of my severe astigmatism, I cannot use a red dot. More info than you wanted but I hope it helps.
In God We Trust
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I wouldn't shoot a bear creek armory anything if my life depended on it. My son bought an upper from classic. The barrel was chambered short. And the funny thing is, they even sent 3 steel case empty cartridges showing it was test fired.

That was a lie. There is no way it would have fired any of them. Even the empty cases in the box wouldn't seat in the barrel. Contacted classic, they told him to ship it to bca for warranty work.

About 6 weeks later, they finally sent him a replacement.

The replacement came and the barrel seemed OK. Passed the plunk test.

But then when he was going to shoot it, light strike.

Tried to extract the empty and the extractor wouldn't clip over the side of the rim of the case. WTH?

They sent the wrong caliber bolt in it. (the upper chambered in 7.62x39, the bolt he got with the 2nd upper was a 223 bolt).

After the 2nd attempt and in seeing how crappy their stuff was, and how even crappier their CS warranty work was, he finally got classic to refund his money.

It is beyond me why anyone would buy from moore manufacturing (bca). From looking at their better business bureau complaints, they sound like a real hoot to do business with.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:19 pm Hello all, my name is Rich and I’m looking to buy an upper in 300 blackout. I’m looking to only shoot subsonics with a suppressor our to 100 yards.

I’m looking for manufacturers, rate of twist to stabilize a 220 grain bullet.

Thanks for the input.
You shouldn't have any trouble with 1:7 or 1:8 for 220gr. I'm very happy with my PSA 10.5 upper (Palmetto State Armory).