Dual Optics

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

masblackbelt

Dual Optics

Post by masblackbelt »

So I was wondering... How many of you run dual optic setups on your rifles? I recently set up a more precision oriented AR, but didn't want to sacrifice short range capability, so it has an offset Aimpoint. I think this is a cool concept, and the Aimpoint doesn't add significant weight. I've also seen guys running two optics just to have different zeros. So obviously this isn't strictly on your 300blk guns, as this is one of my 5.56 guns. I feel like this isn't very popular, but I'm not sure why... But do any of you run dual optic setups? If so, I want to see them! Here is mine.
You learn something new everyday when you're as dumb as I am...
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Dual Optics

Post by rebel »

Good looking rifle and nice setup. I think running a dual setup on any rifle you may have to fight with is smart, whether that be like yours or with BUIS set to cowitness or at a 45 degree.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
cdl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cdl »

Really nice looking rifle.

I ran a T1 on a 45 deg Larue, offset to an ACOG 4x32 for a while. I thought it superfluous.

But consider and think back to what your dad told you the first time he took you bird hunting... After the don't shoot dad part... Probably something like, "Just shoulder the gun, look down the barrel and cover the bird with the end. Then start shooting."

Works with shotguns, works with rifles too. Little more to it than that with holds for a lead and what not, but that gets it all started.

What was that goal again? Fast hits in close.
masblackbelt

Post by masblackbelt »

cdl wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:46 pm
I ran a T1 on a 45 deg Larue, offset to an ACOG 4x32 for a while. I thought it superfluous.
I could see how that might be somewhat superfluous, being only 4x magnification. The scope on this rifle is a 4-16 ffp, so on 4x the reticle is very thin and not very fast to acquire. I usually keep the scope set somewhere around 8-12x, so the Aimpoint becomes less superfluous when used like that.
You learn something new everyday when you're as dumb as I am...