Gun Industry news

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Gun Industry news

Post by rebel »

Pretty scary times for my industry. If you carefully read the article though, it makes one wonder if this was by design.
https://www.thestate.com/news/business/ ... 81818.html
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gun Industry news

Post by ozleux »

Almost appears a investment group purchased a well established company, emptied the coffers, and are trying to leave the original owners and employees holding the bag :x
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Just like the Remington/Freedom Group/Cerberus situation in Huntsville.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ozleux wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 am Almost appears a investment group purchased a well established company, emptied the coffers, and are trying to leave the original owners and employees holding the bag :x
sadly... this is probably a lot more common than people realize with some of these investment capital groups.

not necessarily related to the firearms industry of course... just in general.

someone builds a company up to something solid, gets attention of the big players, gets offer for a HUUUUUGE amount of $$ and lots of promises.. and then suddenly everything somehow goes sideways - and other than the investors gettin rich, and the origional owners sitting on a pile of cash from their share buyout... everyone else involved is screwed.

lots of dirty stuff goes down in the financial industry.

i hope they're able to stick these guys solid in the courts for their shenanigans!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

golfindia wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:36 am Just like the Remington/Freedom Group/Cerberus situation in Huntsville.
I doubt Ellet can pull out of this like Remington has -though that remains to be seen. In this case there is fraud involved.
It does seem if that was Freedom groups intent for the companies they bought.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

Typical corporate raider activity. Find a company with assets and an over funded pension, but having a bad patch of luck or a decrease in cashflow, go see your bankster buddies and get a low interest rate loan, and use the loan to get a majority position in a publicly held company or as a incentive/bribe in a privately held one. Once in, strip the company of assets, run up the debt load, then sell it off. Job done, except for the pensions and assets which have gone into the pockets of the partners. Of course the company now declares bankruptcy within a few years, and the people who have worked there have no pensions anymore, but what do you care, you got yours.

I know this pattern very well, as it is endemic in my old industry. People like Lorenzo, Icahn, Wolff, et al are very familiar names to many, and curse words to pilots, mechanics, and flight attendants who were victims of this so called "capitalist" enterprise. It is nothing but piracy under another name; actually it makes pirates look good. It is the primary reason that I did not, and would never, vote for "Mittens" Romney, as his activities at Bain Capital were exactly this type of thievery.

Sorry to hear this about Ellet, as I did much business with them when I was a dealer.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

what a shame, I used to do a lot of business with Ellet Bros. in the '90s. when Wellspring took over, they said I didn't do enough business with them and closed my account. :x
peace through superior firepower
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

looks like the spam bots have figured out how to get around the browser check. :x
peace through superior firepower