Site issue

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Site issue

Post by dellet »

It's a pain in the ass but what I do is

Write the post,
Copy.
preview.
submit

If it bumps me out

open
paste
submit.

Never had to do it twice

Edit to add this did not need a second try
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I've been here a long time. Some folks try my patience. Whining is whining :roll: , nothing we can do about it til it's fixed. I've seen problems here before and seen it run smooth as glass. Gunfun, I call it like I see it and never quoted a particular person. Sorry if you don't like my candor.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

you saw it wrong though, and were rude about it.

That isn't something to be proud of, it is something to improve.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Sometimes being straight up is the best way to be. If you were offended, it wasn't my intent. Just want folks to act like grown men. And starting a thread to complain isn't reporting an issue, the issue has been reported and Robert has acted accordingly. The spam has been addressed, and now this issue will be addressed.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bamashooter

Post by bamashooter »

I find it peculiar that problems here are not all that uncommon. I regularly participate in 4-5 other firearms forums and except for one having issues for about a month or so when transitioning to newer software, no problems at any for the past 5-6-7 years.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i agree bama... this site has been repeatedly and relentlessly targeted for years now.

i almost wonder if its the result of someone who got booted and is submitting the site for harassment to spammers as retribution or if there was always just some vulnerability that was being exploited.

with the amount of attacks and spammers that have cropped up here it makes one think its the former more than the latter.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bamashooter

Post by bamashooter »

plant.one wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:34 pm i agree bama... this site has been repeatedly and relentlessly targeted for years now.

i almost wonder if its the result of someone who got booted and is submitting the site for harassment to spammers as retribution or if there was always just some vulnerability that was being exploited.

with the amount of attacks and spammers that have cropped up here it makes one think its the former more than the latter.
Yep. Definitely seems like it's selectively targeted.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Looks like the log in issue is squared away, at least for me.

Thanks to those responsible!

*edit to add that I had no issues with posting either.