Long Barrels

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Whyat

Long Barrels

Post by Whyat »

Hello all,
New to the chat.
Just wanted to share my 300 AAC 20" Mid gas AR story. Although many shrug at the thought, it is a very particle and functional rifle.
My wish was for a Super Sonic only 300 AAC. I couldn't find any real chronographs results for velocities but of coarse alot of speculation
and the forever question as to why.
So now I have a rifle that is light , swings smooth and holds steady and fires will no muzzle movement at all.
125 gr FMJ chronograph at an average of 2250fps, much better that the 16" at 2100 fps.
The bolt-gas-buffer combo to get it to cycle was the trick.
The barrel is a custom "Dead Shot Barrels" 20", mid weight, mid length gas. The gas port and carrier combo that worked out is, a Colt AR15 Semi Carrier, Gas port 1/8" [ .125] Rifle Stock using a rifle buffer with 2 of the steel weights removed and 2nd aluminum spacer inserted [reduced 1 oz] , and a std Carbine spring.
-will be hand-loading in the future and try slower powders to see where I can go but with factory ammo, its great as is.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: Long Barrels

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I’m building a bolt gun with a 32” Krieger barrel. Going to see if the extra barrel length equals extra velocity.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!