Men Of Distinction, should never be forgotten.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Men Of Distinction, should never be forgotten.

Post by dellet »

These always hit close to home, my wife teaches High School. The general attitude is wait and hope you survive. That is slowly changing. If anything stops school shootings, it will not be politicians or administration. It will be teachers and students.

There are many others, These two fine young men are only the latest, sadly soon to be forgotten. Our job is to not let that happen.

Kendrick Castillo, Riley Howell are examples of the best mankind as to offer.

300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Men Of Distinction, should never be forgotten.

Post by rebel »

Thank you dellet.
You are a class act sir.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

The world definitely needs more young men like these two Heros. May they Rest In Peace.
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

Both of those young men are a fine example of what a hero looks like. I'm saddened they lost their lives. By selfless action, many others were likely spared. Prayer for the students and parents, this could happen to some of our own. Rest in peace boys.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

These 2 young men showed a level of Courage so far beyond the norm. True heroes.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Hogbuster

Post by Hogbuster »

"The world definitely needs more young men like these two Heros."

I agree but we need them alive and well as they are the type of smart young ones to replace us soon to be gone old people.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

and you'll hear about as much praise for them as you will disdain for the shooters these days - at least in the MSM - who we know now were a transgennder (female identifying as male) who liked to bully classmates and crack jokes about "dont come to school tomorrow" and another student who is a juvenile but apparently is also trans (female identifying as male) who happens to be the child of an illegal immigrant, twice deported, and serial felon including firearms charges.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/su ... l-n1004181
https://www.theepochtimes.com/father-of ... 19007.html

rumor is at least onne of them was a rabid anti-trumper on top of it all., but of course all social media pages have been suspended,, etc.

Kudo's to these heros,... and hopefully these two shooters will see some jusstice
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

plant.one wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 am and you'll hear about as much praise for them as you will disdain for the shooters these days - at least in the MSM - who we know now were a transgennder (female identifying as male) who liked to bully classmates and crack jokes about "dont come to school tomorrow" and another student who is a juvenile but apparently is also trans (female identifying as male) who happens to be the child of an illegal immigrant, twice deported, and serial felon including firearms charges.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/su ... l-n1004181
https://www.theepochtimes.com/father-of ... 19007.html

rumor is at least onne of them was a rabid anti-trumper on top of it all., but of course all social media pages have been suspended,, etc.

Kudo's to these heros,... and hopefully these two shooters will see some jusstice
:cry: So few words for the hero's, So many for.....

Who are these people and why do we not know?

Jon Meis
Jason Seaman
John Barnes
Anthony Borges
Lori Gilber-Kaye
Jeanne Assam
Jesse Lewis
Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis
Scott Beigel
Anne Perkins

Until we as adults can have the balls of a 6 year old like Jesse Lewis, and remember him instead of the killers, we will be letting our nations children down.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Gone are the days of David, Leonidas, Hercules. Gone are the times of Daniel Morgan, Nathanael Greene,Washington. We no longer hear about Sitting Bull, Gaul, Crazy Horse or Custer. Daniel Boone, Jim Bridger or Robert E. Lee and U.S Grant are the stuff of dusty books. Audie Murphy, Alvin York, Simo Hayha, Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle are just a footnote in history. We, as a society, need someone or something to HATE, to FEEL better than, to LOOK down upon.
You can blame all sorts of things - TV, School, Video Games and a dozen other factors. It comes down to one thing, and one only in my own opinion.
How you parent your children directly reflects on how they react to disappointment, rejection, bullying and derision. In other words, life.
As for myself, I need heroes. I need something to aspire to, or be better than. I found it necessary to tell my children stories of great men and women, to tell them to shut up and get over it when they whined about life in general. So far - so good.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

rebel wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:58 pm
You can blame all sorts of things - TV, School, Video Games and a dozen other factors. It comes down to one thing, and one only in my own opinion.
How you parent your children directly reflects on how they react to disappointment, rejection, bullying and derision. In other words, life.

As for myself, I need heroes. I need something to aspire to, or be better than. I found it necessary to tell my children stories of great men and women, to tell them to shut up and get over it when they whined about life in general. So far - so good.
100%
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.