300 Blackout Newbie SBR/Suppressed Build

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

misterrvincent

300 Blackout Newbie SBR/Suppressed Build

Post by misterrvincent »

Hey guys and gals! I'm new to building rifles. I've always had a few guns at my disposal (Daniel's, Glocks and Colts) but wanted to get into the realm of 300 for HD and possibly boar hunting.

I was thinking about building my 300 blackout build using a BCM 9 inch upper, aero precision m4e1 lower, mil-spec lower parts, geissele ssa-e two stage FCG, carbine buffer and spring with pistol buffer tube (the BCM website says the barrel will shoot subs only with a carbine length buffer). The BCG I was planning to use was the ferfranns cyclic reduction https://rptactical.com/product/ferfrans ... ystem-rrs/ . Can I put a carbine buffer in a pistol buffer tube? Also, any recommendations on what buffer, buffer spring and pistol tube to go with would be great!

Later on I plan on purchasing the silencerco omega suppressor, however I know that is going to take a while (in addition to waiting for the sbr tax stamp). However, I have my other rifles to play with at the range until I can put my SBR together.

My big question is, will the ferfrans BCG work well with the 300 blackout build I have put together suppressed without an adjustable gas block? I know a lot of other forums speak about using the ferfrans BCG in 5.56 SBR/pistol configurations, but I haven't been able to find any in response to using it on a .30 cal configuration. If there's anything I should change, or if this setup works as thought out in my head, please let me know. Thank you in advance!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 Blackout Newbie SBR/Suppressed Build

Post by John A. »

I don't really see what makes the bolt carrier special, but if anything, I used a lightweight (low mass) bolt carrier in my suppressed sbr blk upper.

And lightweight buffer and buffer spring.

If you follow my advice, you don't want to shoot supers through it without a gas block to turn the gas way down.

But with very light subsonic loads, I actually had to go light to get my bolt to cycle and lock back ---full function.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
warthog97
Silent Operator

Re: 300 Blackout Newbie SBR/Suppressed Build

Post by warthog97 »

Are you looking at the rate reduction system? If so, why the special BCG, it looks like it's set up to make full auto shooting easier. Not sure I'd spend the money for a BCG that's got a buffer weight in it. I built my 300 BO with a non-adjustable gas block and a standard weight BCG with a NiB-X (Nickel Boron) coating which helps reduce crud buildup and keeps it running better when dirty. So far that approach has worked very well. Not sure if the rrs makes sense if this is a semiautomatic build. But hey, keep us posted if you do get it!