POF Renegade Plus or Seekins NXP8 Pistol for Home Defense

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

countsk

POF Renegade Plus or Seekins NXP8 Pistol for Home Defense

Post by countsk »

I've used 5.56/223 in an AR platform for over 30 years now. A few years ago I moved away from my 12 guage for home defense and over to an AR in 5.56. After several years of exhaustive research I've decided to jump over to the 300 BO for home defense. I don't want to go the SBR route and am looking at an AR pistol and have narrowed it down to a Seekins NXP8 and a POF Renegade Plus. The Sig Virtus caught my eye but I really want to stay with the AR. I was looking at a MC6 but $2800 is stretching it cost wise. I really like the smaller size of the NXP8 but the POF seems to have better quality components for roughly the same price. I'm looking at putting a suppressor on the weapon in the near future. I would appreciate any feedback from the 300 experts here.
45r
Silent But Deadly

Re: POF Renegade Plus or Seekins NXP8 Pistol for Home Defense

Post by 45r »

If you can build an upper you can get it your way.
For me it was a seekins 10.5 inch barrel.
Side charging upper receiver.
SLR adjustable gas block and handguard.
Law tactical folder with SB tactical brace.
Turn the agb to no gas and you can run it like a bolt gun.Very quiet or tune it for supers or subs with gas.
It's very easy to take down and clean.
Add an adjustable bcg you can tune it even more.
Only problem with a very well tuned suppressed upper is it will make you want to use it the most while others sit in the safe.
The seekins barrel is very accurate.
The nxp8 would be great also but probably more expensive.