Down the rabbit hole I go!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Re: Down the rabbit hole I go!

Post by ozleux »

B y r o n wrote:During this build I've not had the greatest of luck with vendors, except the ones that post here.

Tried to order a carbine buffer tube end plate only to have the vendor cancel the order and refund since they apparently didn't have it in stock as listed.

Optic's Planet shipped me a 15" handguard instead of the 12" I had ordered. Barrel is still not delivered yet but the manufacture should have them available any day now I hope.

None of the receiver/handguard combo's I've ordered are gas piston compatible without some modification. May end up going DI unless I can swap some parts from one of my other guns and make things work.

Rifles and carbines seem to be much easier to build compared to pistols. One of my best finds though was a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 with mount on sale at PSA for under $300. I guess you have to put up with a few inconveniences every once in a while.
You might try Unbranded AR. Nice folks, and located just outside Hickory, NC
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

ozleux wrote:
B y r o n wrote:During this build I've not had the greatest of luck with vendors, except the ones that post here.

Tried to order a carbine buffer tube end plate only to have the vendor cancel the order and refund since they apparently didn't have it in stock as listed.

Optic's Planet shipped me a 15" handguard instead of the 12" I had ordered. Barrel is still not delivered yet but the manufacture should have them available any day now I hope.

None of the receiver/handguard combo's I've ordered are gas piston compatible without some modification. May end up going DI unless I can swap some parts from one of my other guns and make things work.

Rifles and carbines seem to be much easier to build compared to pistols. One of my best finds though was a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 with mount on sale at PSA for under $300. I guess you have to put up with a few inconveniences every once in a while.
Hmmmm.... I read their ABOUT US. I am just a few miles from them and know nothing about them. Seems like they would have reached out to a "brick and mortar" store. Of course, I'm in the boonies and largely ignored. I'll check these guys out.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

rebel wrote:
ozleux wrote:

Hmmmm.... I read their ABOUT US. I am just a few miles from them and know nothing about them. Seems like they would have reached out to a "brick and mortar" store. Of course, I'm in the boonies and largely ignored. I'll check these guys out.
Unbranded AR is the online retail part of Critical Capabilities. They are part of the company that is: ZroDelta, US optics, Critical Capabilities, etc. Last year they purchased a 120,000 sq. ft. building just west of Hickory, and are moving most of the manufacturing there. Matter of fact, my order for a mount was delayed last week due to them moving the ZroDelta inventory to NC. All of the machinery will be following.
They will be hiring machinist, if you know of someone.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"