Intresting video...

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Intresting video...

Post by cwlongshot »

A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Longcarbine

Re: Intresting video...

Post by Longcarbine »

Friend of mine has one, worthless gimmick.
"The reason a dog has so many friends, He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I dont always listen to Black Sabbath but when I do, so do the neighbors."
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Longcarbine wrote:Friend of mine has one, worthless gimmick.
Whether it is a worthless gimmick or not is irrelevant. I'm sure many bolt-gun and shotgun users feel that semi-auto is a worthless gimmick too.

Thought experiment:

In Virginia, the Democrats are pushing for a redefinition of an assault firearm to mean ANY firearm that is equipped with a magazine of more than 10 rounds (from https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/r ... -proposal/:
Delegate Kathy Tran and Senator Adam Ebbin will patron legislation to ban the sale, purchase, possession, and transport of assault firearms in the Commonwealth. The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
There are 12 round AICS magazines....... Your Rem 700 could be considered an Assault Firearm...

I'm sure something like that would NEVER occur in Montana, though.. Wake up and stop being an Elmer Fudd.
Longcarbine

Post by Longcarbine »

Sithlord wrote:
Longcarbine wrote:Friend of mine has one, worthless gimmick.
Whether it is a worthless gimmick or not is irrelevant. I'm sure many bolt-gun and shotgun users feel that semi-auto is a worthless gimmick
Oh I totally agree, I'm just saying I see no reason for one unless you just like to wast ammo. I guess if your objective is to just spray and pray then it is the perfect accessory.
"The reason a dog has so many friends, He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I dont always listen to Black Sabbath but when I do, so do the neighbors."
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

A bump stock...a difficult toy to play with and get to work correctly.
A binary trigger on the other hand.....
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

A rubber band placed around the mag well and behind the trigger will do the same thing as a bump stock with a much smaller expenditure of funds. One may place the band around the trigger, in front of the mag well and back around the trigger, or cut the band and retie it, or push out one pin in the trigger guard to place the band then replace the trigger guard and pin; all will work. Then use the same technique one would use on a bump stock to achieve "rapid" semi auto fire. It's a serious waste of ammo, but hey, whatever "bumps" your trigger.
Patroy75

Post by Patroy75 »

Bump stocks work quite well. Groupings are excellent. I was even getting good grouping using a curtain rod. A bi ary trigger would be better. Should war break out, you would fashion a DIA anyway. But, bump stocks don't kill people once again.
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

I would prefer a binary trigger over the bump stock. Have no experience with the stock.
Shushh

Post by Shushh »

Or check out the assisted reset triggers from tac-com. On those the hammer coming back pushes on the disconnector pushing your finger off.