brand new to 300 blk with fresh build

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TX_Lee

brand new to 300 blk with fresh build

Post by TX_Lee »

So heres my backstory to why im starting a 300 blk pistol build. I went hog hunting this weekend and usually take my scar 17s with my aac 762sdn6. Usually its been ok but on this particular trip i found it to be way too long and way too heavy for what i needed it for. I have a colt m4 but wanted something to bridge the gap. I wanted the stopping power of a .30 caliber but in a small and lightweight system which is why i am here. I have 2 suppressors which i will have to ultimately decide which one ill be using on my 300blk. I have the AAC sdn6 and a silencerco osprey 45 and plan to shoot subsonic ammo primarily with my build for hunting.

I am looking to build a 8-9" barreled upper pistol with one of my silencers. Any recommendations on barrel length and which suppressor would be best? I know that my osprey 45 should only be used with subsonic ammo so i am leaning towards using the sdn6. I am trying to do all the research i can before buying any parts but am also leaning towards an aero m4e1 builder set to start out with.

Any opinions or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: brand new to 300 blk with fresh build

Post by bangbangping »

First, welcome.
TX_Lee wrote:Any opinions or recommendations are appreciated.
My opinion is that I wouldn't shoot hogs with a BLK sub. Personally, I'd go with the 9", the SDN-6, and a good super load. Do you handload?
TX_Lee

Post by TX_Lee »

bangbangping wrote:First, welcome.
TX_Lee wrote:Any opinions or recommendations are appreciated.
My opinion is that I wouldn't shoot hogs with a BLK sub. Personally, I'd go with the 9", the SDN-6, and a good super load. Do you handload?
I used to with 308 rounds for my scar but i stopped due to it taking up too much of my time. I probably wont be going back to doing hand loads.
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

Welcome aboard.