I swear I don't seek this out.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

I swear I don't seek this out.

Post by gds »

I Try to keep my eye on threads on few other boards that mention function issues with 300blk AR15s. Especially with subsonics. I usually read thru the responses and wait to determine if there would be any point putting in my 2 cents. Most of the time good responses rule the day and I stay out of it. On one thread there were all kinds of responses that really did not in my opinion even attempt to fix the problem.
Some of the suggestions were very strange suggestions, and some were just flat out stupid.

I decided to politely give my 2 cents and was immediately told I cannot possibly understand how to break in a 300blk AR15 because apparently the only way to break a 300blk ar15 in is to use supersonic loadings only. You cannot break a 300blk in with subsonics. Who knew?

:oops: :cry: :shock: :roll: :P :lol: :mrgreen: 8)
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Re: I swear I don't seek this out.

Post by Sithlord »

That's our Gary.. Causing trouble all over the interwebs, spouting 300BLK subsonic knowledge!

It would be funnier of Robert posted on the forum in question, and was told off, however..

Hope you have a fun and fantastic Christmas and New Year, Gary! (And the other majors on this forum - Rebel, Smus, Dellet, ...)
Last edited by Sithlord on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saxon
Silent Operator

Post by Saxon »

lol I was looking up info on the dreaded 180 grain Rainer wedge
ran across a post on another forum where trhe guy was all bent about how he came here posted his load info in a few threads and was banned because you all didn't like him posting bad mouth about the 300 Blk and his info,
he even linked the post , and all I saw was a guy who was trying to get the 300blk to 308 pressures and was even told he was loading well over max
loads in any publication.....

I concur
Hope you have a fun and fantastic Christmas and New Year, Gary! (Any the other majors on this forum - Rebel, Smus, Dellet, ...)

great post and good info abound on this forum
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Saxon wrote:lol I was looking up info on the dreaded 180 grain Rainer wedge
ran across a post on another forum where trhe guy was all bent about how he came here posted his load info in a few threads and was banned because you all didn't like him posting bad mouth about the 300 Blk and his info,
he even linked the post , and all I saw was a guy who was trying to get the 300blk to 308 pressures and was even told he was loading well over max
loads in any publication.....

I concur
Hope you have a fun and fantastic Christmas and New Year, Gary! (Any the other majors on this forum - Rebel, Smus, Dellet, ...)

great post and good info abound on this forum
The funny thing about that is, if the truth were known there has probably not been 10 people banned from this forum ever. That gives you an idea of how big of a jackass you have to be to earn that.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

I'm in a Facebook reloading group, and a guy there recently asked about why he was getting pressure signs... He loaded 19.9grs of H-110 with a 220gr bullet, and the case heads were swollen (looked like a belted magnum case), and primers/headstamps were smeared flat... The best part was: He said the exact same powder charge worked great with 110gr bullets... :roll:
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

I also cruise around some other forums on shooting and reloading. Most posts with questions are folks new to hand loading, but...some of these folks have cars and trucks and drive...yowza!