Insight on switching to a 6.5 inch barrel

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

brupe

Re: Insight on switching to a 6.5 inch barrel

Post by brupe »

withoutremorse42 wrote:
brupe wrote:Definitely something I need to consider before purchasing.
I appreciate the insight; thank you.
I've had a couple V7 6.5"s, as well as other 4.75-7.5" barrels. I love the V7 and usually run it tucked. It's a nice barrel, I usually run Barnes 110's or Federal 120's through it, and it does very well with american eagle 220 subs as well as discreet ballistics 190's. It's a solid barrel!

Nice.
I was curious what factory ammo people were using w/ the 6.5 V7; thanks for posting what you use.
I plan on running a few boxes of factory though it, to break it in and collect brass. Then I'll start reloading for it.
If you have any subsonic recipes for a 6.5" w/ 1:7 twist; I'd love to get them.
withoutremorse42
Senior Silent Operator

Post by withoutremorse42 »

brupe wrote:
withoutremorse42 wrote:
brupe wrote:Definitely something I need to consider before purchasing.
I appreciate the insight; thank you.
I've had a couple V7 6.5"s, as well as other 4.75-7.5" barrels. I love the V7 and usually run it tucked. It's a nice barrel, I usually run Barnes 110's or Federal 120's through it, and it does very well with american eagle 220 subs as well as discreet ballistics 190's. It's a solid barrel!

Nice.
I was curious what factory ammo people were using w/ the 6.5 V7; thanks for posting what you use.
I plan on running a few boxes of factory though it, to break it in and collect brass. Then I'll start reloading for it.
If you have any subsonic recipes for a 6.5" w/ 1:7 twist; I'd love to get them.
Pm sent
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member11084.png[/img][/url]
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

brupe wrote:
John A. wrote:Aesthetics doesn't make it sound any better.

If anything, the shorter barrel will allow more unburned powder into your suppressor, which will make it LOUDER.
That’s what I read... I currently have a 10.5” on now; how much louder would the 6.5” be?

about 4" louder. give or take a CH. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.