The giving thread

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

The giving thread

Post by bangbangping »

I used to belong to a motorcycle forum. Each December we had a thread where members gave away things they had collected and may no longer need. Great way to clear out clutter, do an unselfish deed, and maybe help someone a little less fortunate. Thought I'd try it here. Feel free to join in. I'm sure we all have spare parts, components, etc. that may be better used in someone else's hands. From experience: to avoid hard feelings it helps to be very clear what you're giving away and the rules for claiming it. Also, if you claim something, do your best to offer up something for the next guy and keep the thread going.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: The giving thread

Post by bangbangping »

CLAIMED

Here's mine:
Over the last several years I've amassed quite an assortment of .30 bullets. I'd like to give a new reloader / 300 BLK owner a chance to try a few different bullets without the expense of buying a box of each. Here are some of the options (sorry, no Gold Dots):
Sierra
125 SMK
135 Varmint
125 Pro Hunter
180 Spitzer (.311 but I can size to .308/.309)

Hornady
125 SST
90 XTP
135 FTX
208 ELD
168 BTHP
123? tipped AK bullets sized to .309

Lapua
200 FMJBT

Nosler
220 Custom Competition (limited)
210 Accubond

Barnes
110 Blacktip
168 TTSX Boattail
150 TSX Boattail

Cast
NOE 247 HP (as seen in my avatar, but purple) Sized to .309

Some of these I just have a few, some are better measured in pounds. I'm too lazy to count them or promise a specific number, so here's how it works:

1. I'll send an assortment of 100-200 bullets to the first two members who post "Merry Christmas, bang!" (or "Merry Christmas! Bang!" :P ) as a reply to this thread. Include 3-4 options of bullets you'd like to try and I'll send them no charge.
2. How many of each you receive is completely up to me, and may be affected by the guy ahead of you. No whining. :mrgreen:
3. I'd prefer to send these to someone who is newer to reloading for 300 BLK. Not a hard requirement though. If you see a bullet or three you'd like to try, go for it.
4. You must have registered before this post was created.

Merry Christmas!
--Bang
Last edited by bangbangping on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longcarbine

Post by Longcarbine »

Merry Christmas! Bang! I am new to reloading and the 300 blackout. I plan to start by reloading 110grain but anything would be much appreciated.
"The reason a dog has so many friends, He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I dont always listen to Black Sabbath but when I do, so do the neighbors."
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Merry Christmas Bang.

I would be interested in any of the heavy (sub) stuff that you may not need anymore. Most of my experience has only been with Lehigh, Nosler, Sierra and Leatherhead cast and am always looking to try something new.

Also, thank you for starting this thread.

Perhaps there may be something that you would be needing?

I have a couple hundred 380 brass if anyone needs it. Range pickups.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Longcarbine wrote:Merry Christmas! Bang! I am new to reloading and the 300 blackout. I plan to start by reloading 110grain but anything would be much appreciated.
PM your name and mailing address and I'll surprise you.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

John A. wrote:Merry Christmas Bang.

I would be interested in any of the heavy (sub) stuff that you may not need anymore. Most of my experience has only been with Lehigh, Nosler, Sierra and Leatherhead cast and am always looking to try something new.
Missed the punctuation but I'll let it slide. :lol:
How about a mostly full box of the Nosler 210 Accubond and some of my cast bullets?
John A. wrote:Perhaps there may be something that you would be needing?
Could you send that guy from American Pickers my way? :lol: Thanks, I need nothing.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I like this - I tell you what I'll do, I will take any new to reloading 300 BLK member that PM's me with A. a bit of understandinding of the basics and B. a willingness to listen and get them shooting accurate, functional rounds. I will take one or maybe two folks as I have little free time. I don't claim to know it all, or even half of it, but I love to teach folks how to do stuff. I've only been loading for this round since 2012 so I don't blame you for not taking me up on the offer :mrgreen:
I can't learn everyone, serious inquiries only.
That's all I have of value bang, a wee bit of knowledge. Need nothing in return.
Oh, I can show you how to effectively kill sh*t as well, I am really good at that. :shock:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
withoutremorse42
Senior Silent Operator

Post by withoutremorse42 »

Good thread. I'll go dig out some items, I have some giving to do
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member11084.png[/img][/url]
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

I've seen and participated in forums with a "Pay It Forward" thread like this that have worked out very well and been very fun, but it's been a while so I can't wait to contribute as well!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

rebel wrote:I like this - I tell you what I'll do, I will take any new to reloading 300 BLK member that PM's me with A. a bit of understandinding of the basics and B. a willingness to listen and get them shooting accurate, functional rounds. I will take one or maybe two folks as I have little free time. I don't claim to know it all, or even half of it, but I love to teach folks how to do stuff. I've only been loading for this round since 2012 so I don't blame you for not taking me up on the offer :mrgreen:
I can't learn everyone, serious inquiries only.
That's all I have of value bang, a wee bit of knowledge. Need nothing in return.
Oh, I can show you how to effectively kill sh*t as well, I am really good at that. :shock:
If your shit needs killing, change your diet. :shock:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.