Sorry if this sounds uninformed but here goes anyway.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

CharlieMike

Sorry if this sounds uninformed but here goes anyway.

Post by CharlieMike »

Looking to build a SBR with a Radical Firearms 8.5” upper and garden variety lower.

Any input on considerations or compatibility would be appreciated. This is my first build of any type as I have been an off the shelf buyer previously and have no experience with the 300 BLK.

Also a run down of the NFA tax stamp process and what to expect would be appreciated as well.

Thank you
CM
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sorry if this sounds uninformed but here goes anyway.

Post by Sharkbite »

Also a run down of the NFA tax stamp process and what to expect would be appreciated as well.
Fair warning.... NFA guns and gear are ADDICTIVE. With a short barreled 300blk, you WILL want a suppressor. Once you shoot that with subs and a can, you WILL want a 22lr can. It only gets worse from there. 8)
CharlieMike

Post by CharlieMike »

Sharkbite wrote:
Fair warning.... NFA guns and gear are ADDICTIVE. With a short barreled 300blk, you WILL want a suppressor. Once you shoot that with subs and a can, you WILL want a 22lr can. It only gets worse from there. 8)
And I have an addictive personality to begin with. Dangerous combo. I’m used to it. Finally have the means to support it so what the heck. Prolly better use of my resources than my current coke and hookers addiction.
loveha

Post by loveha »

The easy way for a SBR stamp, is go to https://www.silencershop.com/ and purchase a tax stamp and Form 1 from them. Download the app on your phone and take a picture of your self and submit it through the app. Fill out the information and digitally sign the forms they email you. Find your closest Silencershop Kiosk and get fingerprinted. Wait about 4 months, get your stamp back in the mail, send lower receiver out to get engraved with the correct information. https://www.veritasmachiningllc.com/nfaweapons or find someone local that you can trust. You may now assemble and fire your weapon.

May seem like a lot, but it is easy. Going to do it again if Radian ever ships some lowers to Brownells. Doing another SBR for a 223 and getting another can for rifles I have deadair mounts for.
F1 Firearms Receiver Set ~ 300BLK 12.5" Proof Research Carbon Fiber Barrel ~ Dead Air Sandman Ti
Daniel Defense M4V11 ~ Dead Air Sandman S
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

loveha wrote:The easy way for a SBR stamp, is go to https://www.silencershop.com/ and purchase a tax stamp and Form 1 from them. Download the app on your phone and take a picture of your self and submit it through the app. Fill out the information and digitally sign the forms they email you.
Check and make sure there aren't any problems with this approach....

Silencershop just had a huge batch of EForm 1s rejected. Something about not being able to submit prints on behalf of someone else.

Eforms is simple. IMO, there is no reason to involve silencershop. Individual F1s are currently being approved in 10-12 days. This could get longer once Silencershop starts flooding the zone with their apps.
loveha

Post by loveha »

golfindia wrote:
loveha wrote:The easy way for a SBR stamp, is go to https://www.silencershop.com/ and purchase a tax stamp and Form 1 from them. Download the app on your phone and take a picture of your self and submit it through the app. Fill out the information and digitally sign the forms they email you.
Check and make sure there aren't any problems with this approach....

Silencershop just had a huge batch of EForm 1s rejected. Something about not being able to submit prints on behalf of someone else.

Eforms is simple. IMO, there is no reason to involve silencershop. Individual F1s are currently being approved in 10-12 days. This could get longer once Silencershop starts flooding the zone with their apps.
That must be really recent, because I just got my form 1 last week after waiting 4 months, but I don't know how exactly they filed it.
F1 Firearms Receiver Set ~ 300BLK 12.5" Proof Research Carbon Fiber Barrel ~ Dead Air Sandman Ti
Daniel Defense M4V11 ~ Dead Air Sandman S