My first 300BLK Pistol Build...

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Sicarius

My first 300BLK Pistol Build...

Post by Sicarius »

I just completed my first 300BLK pistol. It took several months because I took my time and researched every single part.

It has a Hardened Arms upper with a 10.5" barrel, Spikes Tactical Crusader lower, BCM Enhanced Trigger Kit and Charging Handle, JP Enterprises Silent Captured Spring H2, and a Sharp's Bolt XPB Carrier Group. I also added a Magpul B.A.D. Lever (not in the pic).

I built it for home defense. I'll be taking it to the range and getting it sighted in soon.

I'm interested in hand loading my own ammo for it as well. Any advice/info for a newbie would be highly appreciated.

Know thy self...
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Re: My first 300BLK Pistol Build...

Post by Flatliner »

Really great looking set up, well done. My only advice, while some may disagree, would be to get several boxes of 'defense' ammo from a well known manufacturer. (I use Hornady) and sight it in with that ammo. Keep that ammo in the gun for defensive use. Reloads are better once you get into it but not for defense.

Just one guys opinion but it is shared by many people.
Sicarius

Post by Sicarius »

Flatliner wrote:Really great looking set up, well done. My only advice, while some may disagree, would be to get several boxes of 'defense' ammo from a well known manufacturer. (I use Hornady) and sight it in with that ammo. Keep that ammo in the gun for defensive use. Reloads are better once you get into it but not for defense.

Thank you...
Know thy self...
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

As far as reloading, I went with the Lil' Gun powder. If I am needing ammo and must grab bullets that are not my first choice, I want to be able to shoot across all weight range. This powder does that. H110 I have heard works great. I also use a mixture of factory and self defense loads for my rifle and handgun.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!
Sicarius

Post by Sicarius »

Jarem08 wrote:As far as reloading, I went with the Lil' Gun powder. If I am needing ammo and must grab bullets that are not my first choice, I want to be able to shoot across all weight range. This powder does that. H110 I have heard works great. I also use a mixture of factory and self defense loads for my rifle and handgun.
Thank you for the advice.
Know thy self...
XDfan

Post by XDfan »

Looks great, is that a thordsen cheek riser you got on it?
3GunSC

Post by 3GunSC »

Flatliner wrote:Really great looking set up, well done. My only advice, while some may disagree, would be to get several boxes of 'defense' ammo from a well known manufacturer. (I use Hornady) and sight it in with that ammo. Keep that ammo in the gun for defensive use. Reloads are better once you get into it but not for defense.

I share this opinion. Find your favorite 300 Blackout commercial defensive round for home defense. Hornady and SIg Sauer both have 220gr subsonic rounds designed for defensive purposes and they are very quiet with a can.

My current best reload for 220gr subs is from SIerra Bullets website 300 Blackout Loads dated 17 Dec 2017:
Sierra Matchking 220gr HPBT
H110 9.8gr (average 1030 fps) (load data calls for 10.0gr)
Case Trimmed 1.353"-1.360"
COAL 2.220"-2.230"
Aero Precision Lower
Palmetto State Armory 8.5" Pistol length gas system upper
H2 Buffer with a heavy spring
Cycles and locks bolt open on an empty magazine
AAC SDN-6

50 yds the holes in the paper were clean (you could see the imprint of the crown tip in the paper) and were touching
Sicarius

Post by Sicarius »

XDfan wrote:Looks great, is that a thordsen cheek riser you got on it?
Yes, its a Thorsden cheek rest...
Know thy self...
Sicarius

Post by Sicarius »

3GunSC wrote: I share this opinion. Find your favorite 300 Blackout commercial defensive round for home defense. Hornady and SIg Sauer both have 220gr subsonic rounds designed for defensive purposes and they are very quiet with a can.

My current best reload for 220gr subs is from SIerra Bullets website 300 Blackout Loads dated 17 Dec 2017:
Sierra Matchking 220gr HPBT
H110 9.8gr (average 1030 fps) (load data calls for 10.0gr)
Case Trimmed 1.353"-1.360"
COAL 2.220"-2.230"
Aero Precision Lower
Palmetto State Armory 8.5" Pistol length gas system upper
H2 Buffer with a heavy spring
Cycles and locks bolt open on an empty magazine
AAC SDN-6

50 yds the holes in the paper were clean (you could see the imprint of the crown tip in the paper) and were touching
Thank you for sharing your information.
Know thy self...