Quietest 300 BLK Subsonic Round for Daniel Defense M4 ISR

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Quietest 300 BLK Subsonic Round for Daniel Defense M4 ISR

Post by dellet »

bangbangping wrote:Awesome! I especially like the stick figure of your wife's reaction when she finds out you've been shooting in the basement. :lol:
Then there's the scooter, since it's to far to walk and reset the target :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
mxjoe35

Post by mxjoe35 »

mxjoe35

Post by mxjoe35 »

Dellet...we only go first class at my house! LOL
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Looks first class all the way, some jealousy here for sure.

I don't know if you thought of this, but smoke detectors and or sprinklers could be interesting if you do shoot much there. Subs in particular can generate a ton of smoke. There are heat sensing detectors and other ways for fire warning and control.
mxjoe35

Post by mxjoe35 »

I have a smoke detector down there, it needs the battery changed. (keeps chirping at me) No sprinkler system. We shot approx 50 rds, didn't notice to much ...if any smoke. Maybe because my loads were so light!? But thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye on that.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

dellet wrote:There are heat sensing detectors and other ways for fire warning and control.
Should be an easy matter to run ventilation when he digs the 100 yard tunnel.
mxjoe35

Post by mxjoe35 »

Don't tempt me! LOL
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

bangbangping wrote:
dellet wrote:There are heat sensing detectors and other ways for fire warning and control.
Should be an easy matter to run ventilation when he digs the 100 yard tunnel.
Can't wait to read about this one in the papers

Police mistakenly shoot home owner.

mxjoe was was shot by police emerging from an underground tunnel wearing a gas mask, earmuffs and carrying an assault rifle.

It seems that the fire department was dispatched to a monitored fire alarm signal. Upon arrival, muffled shots were heard coming from the homeowners basement, prompting the fire department to call the police, who in turn called the SWAT team.

The unfortunate incident is under investigation. It appears that the SWAT team had made repeated attempts to gain the attention of mxjoe with a loud speaker, but he was unable to hear them because he was in a sound proof, home constructed shooting range.

mxjoe, who was un-aware of police presence, exited his shooting tunnel after it filled with tear gas fired in by the officers and was shot upon his hasty exit. The officers defended their actions by stating that "seeing an armed man with a gas mask rush from the building was considered a threat to their safety".

The statement from mxjoe offered a different version. "here I was minding my own business, shooting in the basement, when an exhaust fan apparently failed. I was trying a new powder that produces a lot of smoke and gas so thought nothing of it. I just put on my mask and kept testing. All of a sudden, the smoke became unbearable, so I decided to get some fresh air. The room is sound proof so I don't bother the neighbors, I had no idea the police and fire departments were out there. Maybe they should have sent in a remote or something first, before the gas"

It seems the whole mix-up has something to do with a dead battery in a smoke detector. According to mxjoe "the damn smoke detector had been chirping for months and not working. It seems that my wife got tired of hearing it and replaced the battery. I guess it works fine now."

Mrs mxjoe was not available for comment.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Dang Dellet.

Have you thought about writing for CNN?
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
mxjoe35

Post by mxjoe35 »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap, I was in tears in my office. People wanted to see what I was laughing at, and of course I had to quickly show them a picture of a stupid cat on facebook! They didn't seem to think it was a funny as I did! LOL