Blackout load

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Blackout load

Post by plant.one »

if by "new" you mean from 2012 or so...

then ya... pretty much all the data and results you're gonna find on this forum are related to the "new" sst.... because anything that could have been considered a "old" sst - if there even is a "old" sst - sold out by December 20 2012 or so... because of the politics following Sandy Hook shooting, which happened 1 day after the thread you reference and i've screenshotted above. my blackout upper was on backorder at the time, and it probably cost me a couple months of delivery time. thankfully it showed up in time to get it ready for deer season 2013....

generally speaking... i dont think many - if any - of us were even able to buy a 125 SST in 2013.... or any 30 cal bullet for that matter unless you had a gilded horseshoe up your chocolate starfish when you happened into the store as they were unloading a miracle delivery box of bullets tipped with glitter frosted unicorn horn. (yes theres a fair amount of sarcasm there for the new folks)

#justsayin
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Anybody ever shoot the 150 sst (300 savg spec) bullets into gel? The have a thinner jacket than regular sst. I have s box but no gel
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I can't remember if anyone has, which probably means the results were not stellar.
I started of with wetpack, still use it if I don't want to melt gel. Newsprint, tightly packed, very wet will give you similar results.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
mericaphurst

Post by mericaphurst »

Jarem08 wrote:Don't know if this has been done yet:

Favorite blackout load?

So far for me it is a 125 Gr. Hornady SST. Loaded with 18.1 Gr of Lil' gun. Set the bullet to roughly OAL of 2.146".

What do you like?
I like the Nosler 125gr on 17.5grains of 296https://drive.google.com/open?id=1keDGC ... PGa6yCfXnJ
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

( CAUTION ! ! ! THIS LOAD IS 6/10 GR OVER MAX LISTED BY BARNES ! ! ! ) ( it works well in my gun but load up safe and responsible for your own.)

I Like the accuracy of the 110 tac-tx over 20.8 gr of H110, but i dont like what it does to my brass.

( i need to back off my crimp some and i think that will take care of some of the bass beating, but it was my hunt load and was too close to season to re-work.
Did well for me on the hunt though, and the brass didnt get beat as bad when the temps went down 30*f.

Anyone else load up in that area?

It was the most accurate load i had in my work up with an es of 3 and sd of 1.7

Vel. Was 2,245 fps from my 8" AR

In all reality though i am going to stick to max, maybe test my hunt load without the crimp so heavy.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !