Did you know one of the biggest detriments of the 300blk?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Apparently the fact that some loads use what are generally considered powders for magnum pistol loads, means that the 300blk is horrible.

a recent comparison on another board showed that a 6.5g and a 300 blk with with a 123gr and 125gr bullets respectfully out of the same length barrel produced velocities within 100fps, but because the 300blk used a "pistol" powder there was "no comparison".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some peoples children.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Did you know one of the biggest detriments of the 300blk?

Post by dellet »

People that really dont have a clue, that own something chambered in one, and post online. Only to be outdone by those that have a ewetoobe channel and post their drivel in such a way that people believe them.

Had that conversation with a Grendel boy a couple of times. Under 100 grains I could match his velocities with about 4” less barrel. 110’s+ it was about equal. “Load your hottest load and meet me at the range” was not the gauntlet he should have laid down. :mrgreen:

What shut him up was when we finished with the 123vs125 round and I pulled out some 150’s, asked him where his 143’s were and if he didn’t have that wieght we should move straight to 168 or 175’s. :lol:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote:People that really dont have a clue, that own something chambered in one, and post online. Only to be outdone by those that have a ewetoobe channel and post their drivel in such a way that people believe them.

Had that conversation with a Grendel boy a couple of times. Under 100 grains I could match his velocities with about 4” less barrel. 110’s+ it was about equal. “Load your hottest load and meet me at the range” was not the gauntlet he should have laid down. :mrgreen:

What shut him up was when we finished with the 123vs125 round and I pulled out some 150’s, asked him where his 143’s were and if he didn’t have that wieght we should move straight to 168 or 175’s. :lol:
LOL.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Opinions based on pure ignorance are like buttholes. We all have them and they stink.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

dellet wrote:People that really dont have a clue, that own something chambered in one, and post online. Only to be outdone by those that have a ewetoobe channel and post their drivel in such a way that people believe them.

What is the saying, "its best to keep silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"? (Not directed at you Dellet)

While the BO may not be the almighty 308 or WM or the 338 Lapua, for what it is meant to do it does great.

I am constantly amazed at real life experiences that show how good it is.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

300 AAC is no better than the 22LR and no responsible hunter would ever shoot small game with something less than a .50BMG...
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

:lol:
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Flatliner wrote:300 AAC is no better than the 22LR and no responsible hunter would ever shoot small game with something less than a .50BMG...
Damn, I have unresponsible meat in the freezer :shock: ?????
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Someone asked for a good supersonic and subsonic powder on FB. I told them IMR 4227 and Lil’gun were good choices. I also said that H110 was not a good subsonic powder after several people recommended it as the best subsonic powder. I was told that I was fake news.

It seems there is an entire segment of 300 Blackout shooters who believe there is no better subsonic powder than H110 and will argue the point. I have had them get livid when I tell them there are powders that work better.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

gds wrote:Did you know one of the biggest detriments of the 300blk?

Apparently the fact that some loads use what are generally considered powders for magnum pistol loads, means that the 300blk is horrible.

a recent comparison on another board showed that a 6.5g and a 300 blk with with a 123gr and 125gr bullets respectfully out of the same length barrel produced velocities within 100fps, but because the 300blk used a "pistol" powder there was "no comparison".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some peoples children.

Great Scott! How can a rifle even even fire with pistol powder in it?!?!?!